Lightning

VB's compared (long post)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002 | 11:41 PM
Don't you just love it when a discount supplier gets mad at a manufacture (Normally because the discount supplier tries to nickel and dime the manufacture to death) and instead just copies the manufactors orginial product. Then all of a sudden the discount supplier comes out with an new and improved version and acts like everyone in the world isn't going to know that the manufacture's idea just got ripped off!!! Gotta love what people will do for a dollar!!!

Old 12-12-2002 | 11:55 PM
Haw many people are sending my parts to him to trade?
I have a few of his here from people asked me the difference, or were unaware when they bought it it wasn't mine etc... So to get one to look at real close, on Sunday I sent everyone who had asked in the last week an offer to trade and I swapped them. I have 4 so far. People so willing to do it they got under the thing, and took them out, wrapped them up and sent them here. One even sent a return pre-paid label with the quote "It;s the least I can do for you. And once again I just want to thank you for dong this for me!" Someone actually wrote that!

How many of mine did LFP get this week from people willing to trade straight up without being asked? And do they thank him for doing it?

G

Old 12-12-2002 | 11:57 PM
Re: Re: VB comparison

Originally posted by Factory_Tech
Which ones? I have one of your valve bodies on my workbench right now, and I don't see a single part I can't get from transtar.

it's

a F8UZ-7G422-BA Accumulator, Ford shelf part, and the wrong one for a Lightning I I might add. The one I have is number 532 built on June 16 of this year.

E9TZ-7G394-LA springs in the upper circuit of the B, C and D bores, not only a Ford shelf part, but one that has absolutely no function in a valve body built with a casting made after 1996 when the relief cut was deleted from the A bore, would work on a Gen1 but I doubt you even know what it does...

A Sonnax AX4N line mod valve, Transtar

Sonnax 310 valves, 3 each, with shims (calibrated with the factory springs for a 5.4L Super Duty/Expedition/E Series Van) and retainer re-enforcers, Transtar

RED assembly grease, NAPA or reputable Shell Stations, by the way, a lot of transmission mechanics used colored assembly grease to isolate leaks when they build a box and air check it, but mostly it's blue or green, red is something I've not seen much of, very inovative. For the Stage 2, go with the green. I got dibs on blue, it's what I've used for years and I can prove it.

And very original instructions, delete the pictures, substitute my ginving the part number for a filter from AutoZone wiht a plug for one from you, delete the logo, byline, copyright notice and pictures, and other than that, WORD FOR WORD the same as mine. That is something you can't get over the counter I guess.

I also had aluminum contamination in the A bore from where the casting was not heated before installing the line mod valve, which is more important than you prolly knew. I saved the grease with the aluminum in it, just in case.

Hurry up and get in before "Da Lock"

G
OH SNAP!!!!!!! Gregg layin it down!!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2002 | 12:01 AM
VB's uncovered

Uh O there goes the farm............
I think the count is up to two of the FT's being sent to us for rework.
Mark/LFP
www.lightningforceperformance.com

Last edited by Lightninforce; 12-13-2002 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-13-2002 | 12:15 AM
Out of 1200 built this year, with the half dozen I had, and the known issue of the 02s with sticky valves, I think 8 is reasonble. If you send them to me I'll rebuild them for you, but no aluminum chips, I know how to put the steel valves in without scoring the casting. (the trick is to heat up the aluminum...
And I didn't even open the other three I have, I mihgt have enough to smelt down and make a part out of it.

Old 12-13-2002 | 12:18 AM
And why in the world would they send them to you? It's not as if it's a big mystry where to find me, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows I replace them no questions asked...

I challenge you to tell me two people who sent my parts to you to be fixed....

And did you find someone who could fix them?

Old 12-13-2002 | 12:25 AM
I dont even have a Lightning, but if I did, I know that Factory_Tech would have my business. From reading these forums for almost a year, I have learned that he knows more about these transmissions than anyone else on here, and is willing to help anyone with their problems. He did the actually research on the product that he builds and sells. He didnt rip off anyone elses product. His kit seems to be superior, and maybe its just me, but I dont see why anyone would send a FT back to you for the LFP Stage 1 (LOL I didnt see your last post). This is just what I have seen, and LFP I understand that you may be a great help to everyone that buys stuff from you, but if I was to buy a VB, I would get one from the guy who makes the whole damn transmission everyday. Just my opinion. Greg when you gonna get a kit for the 4R70W

Old 12-13-2002 | 12:25 AM
VB's

Ok...let me get this straight. If I take the aluminum shavings from the Factory Tech valve bodies I will have enough to smolter down to cast a new FT valve?

Why would they contact me when they know where to find you? I quess I'm easier to find

Mark/LFP

Old 12-13-2002 | 12:34 AM
LFP Stage 1

I have to go to bed now. Let's pick this up in the morning. I have to get up and box up LFP Stage 1 valve bodies for shipping.
I'll be sure to get the shavings out and change color of grease.

Mark/LFP

Last edited by Lightninforce; 12-13-2002 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-13-2002 | 12:55 AM
Oh don't worry Mark, I am sure it won't take you long to ship probably the one and only VB that you talked some Lightning owner into purchasing who didn't know that you stole the idea from Greg.

I think anyone who has been on this board for any amount of time will know who they should purchase there VB's, transmission's and converters from. Factory Tech is the only vendor who stands 100% behind his VB (All other products as well) and who orginally came up with the VB to begin with.

And Mark if I remember correctly don't you still owe Easterisland a refund on the torque converter you sold him? I guess it's Easterisland's your fault that you sold him a 2300-2800rpm stall converter and it turned out to be a 3800-4000rpm converter!!

Old 12-13-2002 | 01:00 AM
Gregg,

Why must you do this? Why must you resort to this? are you just jealous cause you now have competition? are you mad because your sales are down and LFP sales are up? Why must you make it sound like rocket science? You must think you are the best. I'm sure you have your areas but you have to remember there is always someone out there better than you. Stop B*ichin, let the man earn a living, let the customers buy whatever product we want for our trucks, and let us enjoy these trucks and do with them what we love to do.

Old 12-13-2002 | 01:05 AM
Spanky99L- If you spent all the hours that Greg has into the R&D of his VB's and someone came along and copied your VB almost to the letter, I bet you would be bitchin too!!!

Old 12-13-2002 | 01:11 AM
actually no i wouldn't.

First prove it was copied. you think it was copied because of the accumulator body shell looks the same. But the internals are far different.

I dare you to try one. give your 100% honest opinion to the rest of us.

Oh and last i checked i believe gregg copied level 10's bulletproof tranny didn't he??????

Old 12-13-2002 | 10:53 AM
Spanky99L- I have a hard time believing that Greg copied Level 10's trans!

Old 03-26-2003 | 12:50 PM
Originally posted by HANKFAN
And Mark if I remember correctly don't you still owe Easterisland a refund on the torque converter you sold him? I guess it's Easterisland's your fault that you sold him a 2300-2800rpm stall converter and it turned out to be a 3800-4000rpm converter!!
Still waiting...He finally sent a return to shipper label over two months ago and I sent the converter back...Total wait time has been around 8-9 months. Either Mark can't find time to issue me a refund or he is hiding out somewhere.

Quick Reply: VB's compared (long post)