Lightning

Buying second car need advice???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can tell you first hand about the Caddy's...just bought a 2000 DTS a few months ago and my dad has an STS. The STS is faster because it's lighter than the DTS, but the DTS is more roomy and looks less aged in my opinion.

Certified is the way to go....the DTS has 30k miles but has had alot of little problems pop up....all fixed by warranty with free loaner.

I took the DTS to Moroso on a busy night and ran a 15.2 for my only run. I probably could get in the high 14's with another shot....this may be very slow compared to the L but it beat a GT Stang next to me who did 15.3!! Unfortunetly, mods for this car are EXTREMELY limited. I will try and post a pic (notice who is in the garage!)

Old 12-12-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Redneck Ferrari
Come on guys. It's a Caddy.......in Florida!!
Here is a pic of last Florida Caddy Owners Association. Do you think they use ALL 300 hp?
Thats a funny pic..LOL.Lucky for me Im not even close to there age.Im just a big guy6ft3 at 280lbs and feel more comfortable in a big car.Yet still wanted some decent looks with a little power.The dealer did come down 2,000.00 on the price though.Looks like we have mixed opinions but thats ok Thanks for the feed back...

Old 12-12-2002, 05:02 PM
I'm the same way.....I'm 6'7" and had a tough time in the L after a while. The DTS has lots of room, but my one complaint is that the driver's seat doesn't travel back far enough and the accelerator pedal sticks out kind of far...making it kinda uncomfortable to drive for the right leg. I think it was designed this way for the little ol ladies in the picture above!! Take the car for a LONG test drive prior to buying. Best of luck!

Old 12-12-2002, 06:39 PM
6'7"? 6'3"? tall drinks of water!

I'm also 6'3" and 230, and have been thinkin' of a second car too.
Most cars are poor fits for my long legs and my low back aches after an hour in them.

I may go look at the 03 Marauder - for 30k and low/zero APR it might be fun for a few years...

wolff

Quick Reply: Buying second car need advice???