Lightning

Sonic Blue Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Sonic Blue Pics

I went down to a local dealership and found a Sonic Blue Ranger. Sorry, no Lightnings yet.

The strange thing about this color is that it definitly looked purple from certain angles. When I took these pics I can't see as much purple in the pics.

I would strongly suggest that anyone thinking of getting this color go look at the other trucks in this color. Pics may leave you wishing for a different color.

Here are more of it

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=3097

Old 12-12-2002, 03:39 PM
Yeah thats crazy man. I've seen the rangers too, and there is definetly more purple then the pic's show. I agree with you, go check it out before you order it. I did and I ended up going with black.

Old 12-12-2002, 04:01 PM
Finally a true color.That IS Sonic Blue!! It does look that blue ALL the time and sometimes it has a strong purpleish tint to it.If you see this in the rain on a cloudy day,Its blue period.If its sunny at the right angle and /or if you have it under floresent lights,Its got even more purple too it

Old 12-12-2002, 04:09 PM
Don't think thats gonna become my favorite color any time soon,, Just does not appeal to me that much. Hope im not hurting anyone feeling ...

PEaCe....................

Old 12-12-2002, 04:20 PM
I would be willing to bet that there is a slight amount of red pigment mixed with the paint, and this is what is giving the "purple" hue to it at certain angles. Red and Blue makes purple.

It is cloudy here today so what Lightningquick says makes sense as far as it changing depending on the sunlight.

As far as the statement that it is that color blue all the time, period......no fricking way. I have taken at least 4 different people to look at that color and without saying anything to them before hand, every one of them reacted to it the same way. Walk around it, scratching head, hesitate and then talk about how it seemed to be changing colors as they walked around it.

I think I do like it though, at least on the smaller vehicles. I would like to see it on the bigger trucks before making my final decsision on it.

I went with my long time favorite, Black, but it was darned close.

Rocks

Old 12-12-2002, 04:34 PM
This is what happens when you are young,a truck nut and have a lot of money to blow.You miss your 1995 ford so you take a brand new one still with the 20 day temp tag on it and you paint it the same color.throw the ONLY new style lug pattern wheels and 295/50/16 tires this was when they first came out in 1996,I had a choice of like 4 different wheels!!No-one made them yet.

Anyway,This is VERY close to sonic blue!!

Last edited by Lightningquick; 12-12-2002 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:32 PM
Sonic Blue (Yes it looks purple in BRIGHT SUNLIGHT)

Old 12-12-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by FlashSVT
Sonic Blue (Yes it looks purple in BRIGHT SUNLIGHT)

That is one beautiful car If I were gettint the Mustang, It would be in the Sonic Blue.

Old 12-12-2002, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I like it

Quick Reply: Sonic Blue Pics