Lightning

losing a friend on Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy losing a friend on Saturday

Well, I decided to sell my truck and, I got my check from the buyer today. I was happy and sad at the same time. On the one hand I get to buy my boss' Navi but on the other hand I feel like I just betrayed a great friend. This truck has been great to me and now I'm turning my back on it just b/c some a$$hole hit it I feel like crap with it sitting outside not knowing that in a couple of days someone will be here to take her away to the land of snow and salted roads (NY). I want to take it out and just ride until that time, but with my luck someone will see the nice shiny side and decide that it needs some dents and scratches to match. I will no doubt buy another one down the road but I took so much pride in this one that I can't stand to see it go. Even my girlfriend is upset about the whole ordeal. I can say one thing, this is the best and most exciting vehicle I have ever owned not to mention the most dependable. I cant think of another 400hp vehicle priced below $40,000 in the world you could say that about. If there is one, then I doubt very seriously that you could hook a boat to it, through a couple of dogs in the back, and go to the lake on it. Anyway, I just hope that I wont be shunned by all my online lightning friends because I bought the Navigator. Trust me, I would have never even thought of selling the truck were it not for the ****head that hit me. Btw, this same guy is taking me to court for conveying a threat after the accident. What a punk *** he is! Thats ok though, I'm going to beat those charges and then bring it to him in a big way.

Old 12-12-2002, 07:23 PM
thats all i can say

Old 12-12-2002, 07:30 PM
mbrown,

You'll always be a pal of all the Lightning guys. Good luck with the Navi and don't stop posting because you sold the L. You're still in a Ford.

Tim

Old 12-12-2002, 07:33 PM
Gorgeous pics of a gorgeous Lightning !

Don't worry about the guys here shunning you--won't happen.

Dan

Old 12-12-2002, 07:33 PM
Oh man that is weird.......I was just looking in the F-150 classifieds to renew my sales ad and I saw yours.

Good luck with the Navi

--Joe

Old 12-12-2002, 07:35 PM
To many people are selling their L's lately This isn't making for a happy holiday season.

Good luck with the Navi , and at least you stayed in the family.

Old 12-12-2002, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys. I'm definately going to keep coming here and posting. One of the highlights of my day is to come here and see what others are up to with their lightnings. I've already looked into either supercharging or turbocharging the gator so maybe I'll have something interesting to ad to the board.

Old 12-12-2002, 07:53 PM
hey
sorry to see your beloved L go. Even though you dont have it, hang around and stay caught up on the latest news. Good luck in the Navy.

Old 12-12-2002, 08:49 PM
did you leave the mods on it ? if not, wanna sell them?

email me at csterle@lvcm.com ...chris

Old 12-12-2002, 08:53 PM
FastAsL The guy is supposed to bring cash for the mods but if he doesn't then you'll be the first to know.

Quick Reply: losing a friend on Saturday