Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Mine Mark LT Is Home Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jim,
As others have asked, please post pics of your mods when you get finished...I'd sure like to see what others are doing to their LTs before I take the plunge.

Paul

Old 04-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Mine Mark LT went into the shop Monday to have the add ons done. It should be getting it out Wed. and then
on Friday it get the Sealer put on and the Satellite radio installed. Then I will be putting the pics on mine web site.
Jim

Old 04-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Well, I still don't have all the add ons installed, but
you can click on mine gallery below and check the add ons and I have 6 pictures. I like 5 more items one should be in Monday and the bed rails in about 10 days.
The other 3 when every Lincoln send them.
Jim

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...y.cfm?gnum=816

Old 04-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Really Old "Member"
Jim:

That is one outstanding looking truck!!!!

In spite of some of my gripes about the lack of a Nav System being available and a couple of other small issues, I think that this truck is going to sell.

I am impressed by the marketing push Lincoln has going for the vehicle and by most of the reviews I have read, only wish they had done the same for the Blackwood.

Speaking of which, my Blackwood goes back to the dealer on the 7th May. I am going to remove the chip and the filter, some guys here have expressed an interest, and I will hassle with the dealer over the "loud" exhaust system.

As you know, I will not replace the Blackwood with a new vehicle, I am going to use my '92 TC for a daily driver, and I have been driving Pat's 05 Navigator most of the time lately and I get more and more impressed with it. In spite of all of the gripes on this board and others, FMC does really build some pretty nice vehicles.

Got to run.
Bill

Old 04-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
On a side note, how's that Harley exhaust sound? The muffler isn't like a bigass garbage can shaped deal like the stocker is, is it? I really like the look of the Harley exhaust, and if I can pick up a few horses with it, all the better.

Old 05-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Well, its all done and this morning will take it and get it all cleaned up, Then will take the pictures and have them here by Friday.
Jim

Born--02-23-05
Built--#00072

Old 05-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Well, I had to much going on today hope to get the pictures Sat.
Jim

Old 05-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Well, what a day but I did take some pictures.
Click on mine gallery address below and you can see what I had done to mine MARK LT.
Jim

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=8527

Old 05-16-2005, 06:18 PM
What exactly is the difference between the lincoln and the f150? all i see is a few lincoln badges and the grill is different. seems like u could save alot of$$$ and just buy the grill and wheel center caps j/k actually that is a very nice truck, but you can see how ford is doing what they always do. change a few things and call it a different vehicle, just like the explorer and mountaineer, etc.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Really Old "Member"
04xltsc:
Read the thread just below this one. It may explain at least a little bit why people buy a Lincoln F150, if you will, as opposed to a Ford F150.

I am not throwing darts here, but there is a definite reason people buy Lincolns just as there is a definite reason some people shop for clothes at The Parisian rather than at Target. The clothes are the same and serve the same purpose and one is probably not better than the other but it is a mind set or lifestyle thing that seems to be ingrained in us humans.

I am fortunate to have lived in 4 countries outside the US and I found the same human traits in Sweden, Peru, Canada and China.

The same kind of thought process that leads people to purchase a Rolls Royce or a Maybach or a Ferrari for more than a quarter of a million and the car does nothing much more than a Ford does. It gets you from point A to point B. Go figure, I guess.
Bill

Old 05-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh, i fully understand. i wasnt trying to be a smarta** or anything. i just really noticed the similarities when i first saw the Mark LT commercial. All i could think was it would be easy to buy a few parts and make a f150 appear to be a mark lt to the untrained eye. like i said though, nice truck. if i could trade in my f150 for one, i would

Old 05-16-2005, 07:40 PM
To undrstand and appreciate the difference, take the time to take a test drive in both a mark LT and an F-150. After having driven both, I can tell you that there is a tremendous difference in the ride , the appointments and in the comfort. THe LT , just like the Blackwood , rides like a Lincoln while the "fitty" rides like what it is , a truck. While they share the same base, the suspension, traction and ride control, are completely different.

In the interior, if you can't see the difference in the appointments, then I can't explain it to you. Seats are more comfortable, leather is better, sound system sounds better, etc.
Try valet parking your Ford and see if the valets fight over who gets to drive yours, like they do my 'Wood. I'm sure that the same would apply with Jim's LT.
If you need a truck, buy a Ford. If you have earned a "ride" drive a Lincoln.

Old 05-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Nice truck!

Old 05-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats on the new ride!

Old 05-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Jim - very nice!! A question about a couple of your mods...that Harley exhaust system - is that the same as the Lightening System that has the dual side exits? Is it really a Magnaflow SIDO cat back system?

Also, your leather wrapped shifter looks nice - was that a standard feature or aftermarket?

I'd like to add that to my '05 Lariat SCREW 4x4 - looks kinda cheap plastic as is now.

thx

Quick Reply: Mine Mark LT Is Home Today