Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Mine Mark LT Is Home Today

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HotLap
Jim - very nice!! A question about a couple of your mods...that Harley exhaust system - is that the same as the Lightening System that has the dual side exits? Is it really a Magnaflow SIDO cat back system?

Also, your leather wrapped shifter looks nice - was that a standard feature or aftermarket?

I'd like to add that to my '05 Lariat SCREW 4x4 - looks kinda cheap plastic as is now.

thx

HotLap
The exhaust system is the 2001 F-150 Harley Davidson System The muffler is one pipe in and two pipes out behind the tire. The shifter came on the truck with leather wrap.
Made a short trip the other day and got 17 MPG on a lot of small hills and about haft of the trip was on two lane highway it 204 milkes and took 12 gals.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by 04xltsc
What exactly is the difference between the lincoln and the f150? all i see is a few lincoln badges and the grill is different. seems like u could save alot of$$$ and just buy the grill and wheel center caps j/k actually that is a very nice truck, but you can see how ford is doing what they always do. change a few things and call it a different vehicle, just like the explorer and mountaineer, etc.

Sure Ford is just starting with the basic F-150 and adding some nice stuff here and there and calling it a Lincoln. Wouldn't you if it was your company? Why go out and reinvent the wheel when you already have a good base platform in the F-150? It is not just a different grille and cladding they are adding to it. You get more sound deadners to make the cabin quieter, probably get a smoother riding suspension, nicer interior parts, I'm sure they have special inspection areas in the plant to make sure it is "Lincoln" quality too, probably get a better warranty, get a Lincoln loaner when you bring it in for service, etc, etc. If they developed a whole new truck from the ground up just to make it completely unique from the F-150 they would never be able to sell it at the price it's at. The sticker price would be $150,000 based on such a low volume and no one would buy it. I don't see anything wrong with car manufacturers designing a car the way the are with the Mark LT.

When I worked at one GM plant that made GMC's and Chevy's down the same line it kind of made me chuckle when people would say they would buy a GMC, but would not even think of buying a Chevy. They were essentially the same truck but with just a little difference in trim here and there and different badges.

Old 05-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Bill,
Well just a few line to let you know that the Mark LT is doing just great.
And what MCMM was saying is just like mine is doing it's better alway around then the F150 that I had. Check out the address below,

Jim

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/totw/totw_99XX.html

Old 06-22-2005, 02:57 PM
After 3 months I have the wheels that should have came on my MarkLT.
Click on the address below and then click on all mods on and the last 2 pictures shows the before and after. My truck still doing GREAT.

Jim

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...y.cfm?gnum=816

Old 06-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Jim,
Like the new wheels much better. Just coincidently, I was looking at LTs today. My local dealer has 2 each in every available color. Seemed like a lot of trucks to me.I don't think he's selling them very well. Anyway, I happened to notice the wheels and they all had the 7 spoke.Wonder why...How do you like the LT now that you've had it awhile?
Rich

Old 06-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by jimsfausn
After 3 months I have the wheels that should have came on my MarkLT.
Click on the address below and then click on all mods on and the last 2 pictures shows the before and after. My truck still doing GREAT.

Jim

Check out my thread in this section about the same thing, i noticed that all the press photos had the 8 spoke, but when you go to configure one, it only has the newer style 7 spoke for the chrome choice.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:53 PM
If you will look very close at the 7 spoke clad chorme wheels you will find that it is real thin chorme glued on to the wheel. When my dealer chmaged my tires they droped a wheel and it put a dent on the chrome covering one spoke. They ordered a new one and when it came in it was the 8 spoke chrome wheel. So I ask them if they would put that one on free I would pay for the other 3 and that's how I come to have the wheels that should have came on my truck.
Jim

Old 06-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Yea, i was just saying in the other thread though that the truck is really supposed to only come with the 7 spoke chrome applique wheel (as the chrome option), its just that when they took all those press photos before the truck came out, they must not have had them ready, so they used the chrome navigator wheel that was discontinued for 2005 at first. When they ordered your replacement, the reason they got the 8spoke is because when you use CPD2000 to look up the part #'s, it doesnt narrow down the wheel choices as much as it should , so they got the 03,04 navi wheel by mistake. But i do like the older 8 spoke wheel better.

Last edited by kidtriton; 06-22-2005 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Click on the address below to my gallery then ob all add ons and the last 4 picture is of the 7 spoke chrome clad wheel that came on my truck. You can see how the thin chrome is put on and the dents they put on when changing out the tires.

Jim

Old 06-23-2005, 07:45 PM
yep, its the same one as the last wheel style i posted in my thread about lincoln not being consistant with the style of wheel they show on the LT

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=201003

Old 07-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Have installed a Air Horn on my truck.
The truck is still doing just GREAT.
Click on the address below and go to ALL MODS ON

Jim

Old 07-25-2005, 04:09 AM
Thumbs up

On 07-24-05 I have had my MASRKLT for 4 months and 3000 miles have had no trouble at all with it.
Jim

My web page address for my truck.

http://www.jimewalker.com/marklt.html

Old 08-04-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by jimsfausn
Straps,
Here's the list of had ons.
Jim

ADD ON TO MY MARK LT

1. DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS
Is this a plug a play like on the 99-03 F-150 or was it in a kit form?

thanks Tim

Old 08-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Murray
04xltsc:
Read the thread just below this one. It may explain at least a little bit why people buy a Lincoln F150, if you will, as opposed to a Ford F150.

I am not throwing darts here, but there is a definite reason people buy Lincolns just as there is a definite reason some people shop for clothes at The Parisian rather than at Target. The clothes are the same and serve the same purpose and one is probably not better than the other but it is a mind set or lifestyle thing that seems to be ingrained in us humans.

I am fortunate to have lived in 4 countries outside the US and I found the same human traits in Sweden, Peru, Canada and China.

The same kind of thought process that leads people to purchase a Rolls Royce or a Maybach or a Ferrari for more than a quarter of a million and the car does nothing much more than a Ford does. It gets you from point A to point B. Go figure, I guess.
Bill
This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on here. Comparing the differences of a RR or Maybach and a Ford to the differnces of a LT and a F150 is insane. The LT IS a F150 with different badges, body cladding and seat coverings. Its really just a upgraded appearance package of a Lariat. I say appearance package because nothing is mechanically different. The interiors are the same...same AC controls...same steering wheel...same stereo...same EVERYTHING except seat covers. The engine is the exact same...the suspension is the exact same. So other than a few additional or different pieces of bolt on plastic and chrome its the exact same truck.
I could understand your post if there was a difference in quality (like the differences say between clothes from Target and clothes from Parisian) but there is not. The only difference is the emblem on the side of the truck. If you like the look of the LT over a Lariat that's great, but you can bet 90% of the LTs are buying them because they say "Lincoln" instead of Ford. Again that's fine, but just be honest about it. I am in a position in my life where I can drive pretty much anything I want (short of the before mentioned RR or Maybach...I will admit) and I would not buy the LT over the Lariat because I don't see the differences being worth the added price. I have owned a Navi and to IMO it was different enough over the Expy to justify it, but not the LT.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by straps
To undrstand and appreciate the difference, take the time to take a test drive in both a mark LT and an F-150. After having driven both, I can tell you that there is a tremendous difference in the ride , the appointments and in the comfort. THe LT , just like the Blackwood , rides like a Lincoln while the "fitty" rides like what it is , a truck. While they share the same base, the suspension, traction and ride control, are completely different.

In the interior, if you can't see the difference in the appointments, then I can't explain it to you. Seats are more comfortable, leather is better, sound system sounds better, etc.
Try valet parking your Ford and see if the valets fight over who gets to drive yours, like they do my 'Wood. I'm sure that the same would apply with Jim's LT.
If you need a truck, buy a Ford. If you have earned a "ride" drive a Lincoln.
LMAO...you have to be kidding me! What did you test drive a F150 XL work truck? I HAVE driven both...a 04 Lariat Super Crew (for almost a year now) and a LT (for a 3 day test drive a couple months a go) and there is NO difference in the ride. How could there be...the suspensions are the EXACT SAME. The tires and wheels are the same (different style wheels but the exact same size and the EXACT same POS BFG Long Trials that come on the Lariats). Nothing is different. So PLEASE explain to us how it rides like a Lincoln and a Lariat rides like a truck.
Interior wise....please tell us about these "appointments". Oh I forgot you can't explain them. Well let me try....it says Lincoln on the steering wheel and on the ash tray. Never mind that it is the EXACT SAME steering wheel and ash tray thats in the Lariat. The seats themselves are the same, the leather covers are different..better quality possibly, but the styling is very questionable IMO. But the covers aren't going to make the seat more comfortable...unless you are setting in them nude. Ok...the sound system is better? I hate to tell you this but again it is the EXACT SAME stereo that's available in the F150...the Audiophile system. Oh yeah before you say it...auto climate control...the Lariats have that too.
Now as for being worried about the valet fighting over who is going to get to park your truck....let me pull up beside you in mine and lets see which one they want to drive. Never mind I dont trust them with parking mine.
It sounds like to me you feel the need to drive a Lincoln to impress others....congradulations you are officially pathetic.

Quick Reply: Mine Mark LT Is Home Today