Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Mine Mark LT Is Home Today

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005 | 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by MHMCGILL
Actually you are the pathetic one, for the simple reason of attacking someone for what they drive. If one was to take away the cutting attitude that you employ to make your points, I would then say your points are valid. However you lose crediblity for your red-neck way of making a point.

People buy a Lincoln, Cadillac for the simple reason of being able to buy the best that the manufacturer offers. Yes prestige, implied or real, is what the premium brands use to sell the product. So why do you have an issue with that? Being that I have never met you, I could only surmise your issues are the result of envy, low self esteem,or lack of education.

Since you state that you have money to spend, I would suggest you spend it on anger management classes so you can become a better person. Best of luck to you and enjoy your almost an Lincoln LT Lariet.
If you read my posts you would realize that it was in a reply to the guy that said the LT was better than the Lariat in EVERY CATAGORY I addressed. All I was pointing out was that it was not better because it was the exact same in those areas. I find it quite interesting that you chose to try to attack me rather than address the issues I raised (and that no one else commented on them), but that is understandable because I am 100% correct in what I said. I was not in anyway talking down the "premium brands" as you stated. Caddy does an excellet job upgrading the Escalade from the regular Chevy versions of the truck as does Lincoln with the Navigator, but my point was with the LT they have fall WAY short...it is a F150 with Lincoln badges. Did you know under that piece of plastic on the tailgate there is a recessed place for the Ford Oval? Would a new tailgate skin have been that much to make to at least set the LT a part? And thats just one example of many...but in enjoy the LT for what it is...a rebadged F150.

As for enjoying my Lariat...I do. And as for it not quite being a LT, well let me just say I haven't yet seen a LT I am jealous of (please check out my gallery and you will see why).

Old 09-21-2005 | 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by straps
To undrstand and appreciate the difference, take the time to take a test drive in both a mark LT and an F-150. After having driven both, I can tell you that there is a tremendous difference in the ride , the appointments and in the comfort. THe LT , just like the Blackwood , rides like a Lincoln while the "fitty" rides like what it is , a truck. While they share the same base, the suspension, traction and ride control, are completely different.

In the interior, if you can't see the difference in the appointments, then I can't explain it to you. Seats are more comfortable, leather is better, sound system sounds better, etc.
Try valet parking your Ford and see if the valets fight over who gets to drive yours, like they do my 'Wood. I'm sure that the same would apply with Jim's LT.
If you need a truck, buy a Ford. If you have earned a "ride" drive a Lincoln.
I would take my 2005 KR over the Lincoln any day. First of all, the interior of the KR is far SUPERIOR than ANY other truck out there.....bar none! the leather is like no other. as for the ride, it may be a little better, but I cannot imagine a big difference. I am not saying I don't like the Lincoln, just personnally wouldn't pay for the tags. I am anxious to see what a 06 KR and a 06 LT are worth in 2008 or so....probalby really close.

Old 09-22-2005 | 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
If you read my posts you would realize that it was in a reply to the guy that said the LT was better than the Lariat in EVERY CATAGORY I addressed. All I was pointing out was that it was not better because it was the exact same in those areas. I find it quite interesting that you chose to try to attack me rather than address the issues I raised (and that no one else commented on them), but that is understandable because I am 100% correct in what I said. I was not in anyway talking down the "premium brands" as you stated. Caddy does an excellet job upgrading the Escalade from the regular Chevy versions of the truck as does Lincoln with the Navigator, but my point was with the LT they have fall WAY short...it is a F150 with Lincoln badges. Did you know under that piece of plastic on the tailgate there is a recessed place for the Ford Oval? Would a new tailgate skin have been that much to make to at least set the LT a part? And thats just one example of many...but in enjoy the LT for what it is...a rebadged F150.

As for enjoying my Lariat...I do. And as for it not quite being a LT, well let me just say I haven't yet seen a LT I am jealous of (please check out my gallery and you will see why).
You are so full of yourself. You come on a LT forum and run someone down because he is proud of what he has. Good for him, this is the forum to do that. Now if he did it in the F150 forum then maybe he's fair game.

As for the "issues" you mentioned, you seem to be the one that has them. Best of luck.

Old 09-23-2005 | 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by MHMCGILL
You are so full of yourself. You come on a LT forum and run someone down because he is proud of what he has. Good for him, this is the forum to do that. Now if he did it in the F150 forum then maybe he's fair game.

As for the "issues" you mentioned, you seem to be the one that has them. Best of luck.

Actually I am full of myself...but that is beside the point.

Like I said if you read the post I was replying to (and quoted) you would see that the guy I was replying to was "running down" the F150 compared to LT that he TEST DROVE (ie: doesn't own!) He pointed out all these differences that makes the LT better, and I simply pointed out that all the differences were non-existant as they were the exact same between the F150 and LT. If this board can't accept FACTS about the issues they raise then oh well...I still challenge anybody to disprove one thing I said!

Old 09-23-2005 | 11:00 PM
Go make love to yourself buddy. This is a forum about trucks. If he or anyone else wants to brag about thier truck then so be it. Who the **** are you to correct him. Like I said before, stick to your forum if you are going to be a ****.

Old 09-24-2005 | 12:35 AM
Like all the things that have been said before,,the people that bought Blackwood and LT"S do so because they like them and they can afford to spend the extra money on thier vechicle. If you guys taht bought F150 because you think they are the same truck, fine. you just couldn't afford to spend the extra to get a lincoln. Don't knock us or our trucks{that you claim to be the exact same thing}Or it seems to be you are knocking yuor own truck!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2005 | 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Regal292
... If you guys taht bought F150 because you think they are the same truck, fine. you just couldn't afford to spend the extra to get a lincoln. Don't knock us or our trucks{that you claim to be the exact same thing}...
I'm not knocking anything or anyone. Everyone buys what they want, what they like.
That being said, my sister-in-law works in the assembly plant that builds these F150 AND Mark LTs. They come down the SAME line and use the SAME parts. Other than cosmetic differences they are the SAME trucks. If you drive an LT and think it rides better, it must be the power of suggestion. You see Lincoln and assume better ride quality.

Old 09-27-2005 | 08:20 PM
Thumbs up

I just got the nicest brochure for a new Mark LT in the mail yesterday and I really like the way that they put it together. You can get yours by going to Ford's website and clicking on the Lincoln button.

Old 10-07-2005 | 12:03 AM
I just bought an LT for 38k fully load and brand new, as for differences your are sort of right and a little wrong. The LT does look better and the service in a Lincoln dealership are night and day compared to a ford. Lincoln also has the #1 rated serivce center and a better warrenty. As for Stats they are identical except for some changes in the shock absorbers. So to say they are identical is wrong. Plus the shifter is different. I personaly like both the blue oval and the big L. But when it comes to service and resale, the big L always comes through a winner. So with all that BS said any one know where to get some good preformace parts cheap (being in the end its just another ford engine?)

Old 10-07-2005 | 12:05 AM
Oh yea and just so you know the sticker was 46k, so the price factor isn't a issue in October.

Old 10-09-2005 | 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by RyansLT
I just bought an LT for 38k fully load and brand new, as for differences your are sort of right and a little wrong. The LT does look better and the service in a Lincoln dealership are night and day compared to a ford. Lincoln also has the #1 rated serivce center and a better warrenty. As for Stats they are identical except for some changes in the shock absorbers. So to say they are identical is wrong. Plus the shifter is different. I personaly like both the blue oval and the big L. But when it comes to service and resale, the big L always comes through a winner. So with all that BS said any one know where to get some good preformace parts cheap (being in the end its just another ford engine?)

I am glad that you ended up getting a new LT. I am somewhat surprised about the price that you got it for. However, if I had the money to get one, I would.

Old 10-12-2005 | 04:51 PM
$37,100 @2.9% 0 money down 60 months fully loaded '06 4X4 purchased in July. My buddy did better than I did last week. You could pay 35k for a 05 nicely loaded FX4 or 37k (or less) for the '06 L 4X4 with all the options, plus chrome bug shield, bed liner, and running boards, no brainer.......48k Sticker

Last edited by viperrt10a@aol.; 10-12-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-14-2005 | 09:47 AM
|
On 10-13-05 my Mark LT turned 5,000 miles took it in for the free oil change and rotate the tires. Had my dealer to install wheel locks. As of today have had no trouble at all. It is getting a avg. of 16 to 17 MPG as long as I don't pull my trailer.

Jim

Web site:
http://www.jimewalker.com/marklt.html

Last edited by jimsfausn; 10-14-2005 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-14-2005 | 12:24 PM
16/17 mpg, nice. The computer tells me 15.6 mixture city/highway 4X4.

Old 10-15-2005 | 10:06 PM
Hey everyone. Over from the For Truck World site. Had a 2004 F-150 extended cab Lariat. Moved up to a 06' Mark LT. Nice to see some others taking an interest. Here's a pic or two. Rest of 'em in my ftw gallery. Trying to make a gallery over here. Cheers.

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...ett/607049.jpg

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...ett/596913.jpg

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...ett/596911.jpg

Quick Reply: Mine Mark LT Is Home Today