Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Mine Mark LT Is Home Today

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006 | 03:42 PM
Why has not this post been locked yet?

Old 02-25-2006 | 12:48 AM
You actually had someone come and change a flat tire for you?

Man I would be embarassed.....

Last edited by kretinus; 02-25-2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-25-2006 | 04:57 AM
|
Originally Posted by kretinus
You actually had someone come and change a flat tire for you?

Man I would be embarassed.....
It was 26 deg and the road full of ice. Lincoln had their road service to came and done it FREE.

Jim

Last edited by jimsfausn; 02-25-2006 at 05:00 AM.
Old 02-25-2006 | 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by jimsfausn
It was 26 deg and the road full of ice. Lincoln had their road service to came and done it FREE.

Jim
I'd still be embarassed.

But for the ridiculous amount of money you paid for that pimpmobile, I suppose you should get something out of the deal.

Old 02-25-2006 | 10:40 AM
|
Originally Posted by kretinus
I'd still be embarassed.

But for the ridiculous amount of money you paid for that pimpmobile, I suppose you should get something out of the deal.
I'm 78 years old and I was't getting out on that frozen road and maybe fall and brake a hip are something when I knew I could get it done from lincoln.

Jim

Old 03-01-2006 | 05:08 PM
Waste of keystrokes

Jim, I don't think that you need to explain yourself to this 1995 F150 owner. He/she/it obviously doesn't belong in our group.

Old 03-01-2006 | 05:32 PM
I agree......Why bother to explain yourself.Having someone come out and change the tire in bad weather shows common sense, to me. I stopped posting on this forum because there seems to be nothing but negative posts anymore. Not much fun... Why are F150 owners posting here anyway? Nothing of interest on the F150 forums ??
Glad to see you're still enjoying your new truck Jim. My Blackwood survived the hurricanes with a few bumps and bruises but is now back up to snuff.
Seeya....

Old 03-01-2006 | 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by 777
Jim, I don't think that you need to explain yourself to this 1995 F150 owner. He/she/it obviously doesn't belong in our group.
Such a statement assumes that I would WANT to be part of your imagined "group".

I bought the 95 because I liked it. If I had wanted an LT, I would have bought an LT. Just like I could have bought a house at the golf course but chose to live in a middle class neighborhood, namely to avoid having to put up with people who think like you.

It never ceases to amaze me that there are people out there who think driving a certain vehicle actually make them a more superior human being.

Old 03-01-2006 | 06:57 PM
Why the negativity?

No, I am not a Lincoln LT owner. I drive a '06 King Ranch, but that's beside the point. I like to look in and see what the different forum members are doing, a good idea for an LT is just as good for an F150 I don't see why everyone gets wound up over how much an LT costs vs an F150. To each his/her own in my eyes. If you like it, buy it and enjoy it. If not, don't rain on others...... Just my .02.....

Last edited by tim42471; 03-01-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2006 | 07:00 PM
Really Old "Member"
Ah my dear Kretinus:
Do enjoy your dull middle class life to the fullest. Everyone should be able to make that choice.

For me, having come from such a life, I now enjoy my Rolex watch, my Gucci shoes and did enjoy my Lightning, my Blackwood and now my Navigator.
Of course, I also had a pair of Continentals and a Taurus SHO as trophy cars as well if you also consider them something that might make me think I am a superior human being.

Lest I forget, I also enjoy the hot tub, the swimming pool, the Koi pond and the aquatic plants pond we have on our property. Lets see what else. Oh yes, the pedigreed dog and cat, the home theatre, a computer in every room as well as a TV

Ahh, I get boring here.

Jim is 78 and I am 66. I know Jim pretty well through this forum and I will just say he and I worked our asses off for a very long time and we can afford to buy what we want, for whatever motive. And I can assure you that Jim and I ain't chasing women with our Lincolns.

Live your life, my friend, let us live ours.

By the way, my daily driver now is a pristine 92 Town Car I inherited from my stepmom. Not all of my vehicles are posers or pimpmobiles.

I would ask that you go in peace Kretinus and concentrate your obvious talents on threads that have more to do with your personal lifestyle, which I respect totally.

Bill

Old 03-01-2006 | 11:37 PM
Sure thing, just as soon as people stop making comments alluding to someone being in a higher class because they drive a hyped up truck or SUV.

I meet snobbery and elitism with disdain, as it should be.

Like your silly little "dull middle class life" comment, don't say you respect someone or something when you obviously don't. It shows how little class you really have.

Last edited by kretinus; 03-01-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2006 | 08:55 PM
Don't worry about kretinus he never says anything positive in any of the other forums either. I think he feels the need to be as negative as possible to make himself feel better. As for having someone else change your tire I think if kretinus would have stepped back and looked at the situation regardless of age it's the SMART thing to do. Let someone who gets paid to do it get out and freeze his rear off while you sit inside with the heater going.

Old 03-02-2006 | 10:24 PM
I say what I think, oh well, I'm very positive about a lot of things, just not shallow things like vanity etc.

You'll note I said nothing more about the tire after he explained his age, I'll accept that, the core issue isn't the tire, the issue the statements some have made that clearly show they subscribe to the falsehood that what you own is what makes you. To discount the worth or status of someone because his material possessions aren't as "shiny" as someone elses is not something decent people generally do.

Old 03-03-2006 | 01:45 PM
Wow....78 and 66 years young! I am 34 years so I am glad there is such an age mix here.

Btw I didnt but a mark LT because they wanted 10 grand more for a 2wd version and my F150 lariat screw had more options and 4WD. I decided to add Mark LT rims grill emblems etc. and I like the look.

Old 03-03-2006 | 02:16 PM
Really Old "Member"
Talking

Inurok:
Man, what a poser
Edit: Sorry, buddy, the smiley icon didn't work. Only joking
Bill

Quick Reply: Mine Mark LT Is Home Today