04 F-150, Questions on Kenwood DDX7015 2-DIN In-Dash 6.5" DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camera

DrkShadow - did you install the camera in the horse trailer. I'm looking into the 7015 and back up camera for my '05 F150. It would be great to have a camera on the horses. Do you know how this would be installed?

thanks

Old 01-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Night Stalker
LeClarion,
That is what I was talking about. Some of the guys on here are wiring the power lead on the camera, to the power supply for the back-up lights. You will not need a relay for this, just wire it straight in. So, when you put your truck into reverse, it powers the camera, and Whala ! The DDX-7015 has a setting for "Auto" on the camera, so when it is powered, it picks it up and shows your camera view. Once you take it out of reverse, it goes back to the last screen you were viewing on the 7015.
Nightstalker, I had this system installed in my truck, wished I had done it myself, but just couldn't find the time between work and school, family, etc.

I have the camer hooked to the reverse sensor as you mentioned above. Has anyone done this AND hooked up a switch to turn it on when you want to? If so, is this easy to do? When you turn it on would it send power to the reverse lights?

Just wondering if I could have it both ways

Thanks,

Old 01-24-2005, 08:15 PM
rsballard64,
I have mine wired into my reverse lights, and it works great. I am sure that you could have 2 power wires running to it... one from the reverse lights, and one from a another power source, and just plice them together. One the second one, just put some kind of switch in-line on it, and you could power it on at anytime. I am thinking that if you did this setup, it WOULD power the reverse lights. Since these camera's only have ONE power input wire, it would also power up the reverse lights. I can not think of anyway around it, because I would like to do the same to mine. I will think about it some more, and if I think of anything, I will let you know. Being a AH-64D Longbow helicopter electrician, I might be able to get some parts from work, and possible make it work. I will let you all know if I find anything out.

Old 01-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks nightstalker,

Cool job by the way. I'll take a look at it too. If I come up with anything, I'll post here also.

It's the whole powering the reverse lights that we have to get around.

By the way, I love this system. I gave up the audiophile HU for this, and I don't regret it all.

I did the DDX-7015 with the 4100 navi system, sirius tuner. I'm very pleased with this and the stock audiophile speakers. I'm not a purest, but it sounds great to me. Having more control over the sub is great also. You couldn't separatly adjust it in the stock HU, now I can with this system.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll let you know if I figure something out.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Who offers the trim kit?

I am looking for the Double din trim kit. I am installing the AVN-2454.

Thanks

Old 01-25-2005, 07:41 PM
The one used for my DDX-7015 HU is the Metra 99-5807 .

Old 02-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Night Stalker
rsballard64,
Since these camera's only have ONE power input wire, it would also power up the reverse lights. I can not think of anyway around it, because I would like to do the same to mine. I will think about it some more, and if I think of anything, I will let you know. Being a AH-64D Longbow helicopter electrician, I might be able to get some parts from work, and possible make it work. I will let you all know if I find anything out.

I would think that if you put a diode in the positive leg coming from the backup lights, it should work. When you apply power to the other side, it should reverse bias it so that the power does not go to your back up lights. JUst ensure that the diode current rating is higher than the amount of current the camera draws.

Kevin

Old 02-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi I also have been looking at fitting a kenwood head to my f150 lariat 04

when surfing i came accross this ipod holder that connects to the kenwood and you can control the ipod via the kenwood wow follow the link by cutting and pasting.

http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/stock01/ipod_cradle.asp

Old 03-27-2005, 07:52 AM
f150 04 screw audiophile sub

f150 04 screw audiophile sub how do i get it to work with my kenwood head unit

Old 04-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Kenwood DV4100

I just installed my kenwood 7015 and dv4100 navigation system, everything works fine, except I don't have a navigation screen everything is the same after i installed the dv4100 as it was before? I suspect I have a wire wrong or have a bad navigation unit, but have double checked all connections, I didn't hook up the reverse sensor, and grounded the parking brake sensor wire, I don't get anything on the 7015 screen, when I hit the v-sel button I get a screen that says navigation off, but that is the only thing I have seen in reference to nav. I set the lf to RGB but am at a loss to figuire out what the problem is.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:59 AM
Need help to save money

I know I'm being a pain in the ****, but as I have to get the lot over here to Britain in one hit, is it possible to give me a list of everything I need and where to get it.

I know where to get the HU from, but what do I need to fix it up with the stock Audiophile subwoofer and the controls on the sterring wheel in respect of wiring harnesses etc?

All help appreciated

Regard Fred the Brit

Old 04-21-2005, 04:08 AM
Re: about the camera

Originally posted by marquis73
hey man, you have done a great job with this. i own a F-150 '03 and i just got my DDX7015. Unfortunalty, i will need to modifiy the dash to fit it. about the camera, can you adjust the focus and the zoom? how wide is the view of the camera? i want to fit one as well, in the bumper. but the hole is right by the car plate in the deep portion of the bumper. i wonder if the viewing would be good because of the edge that could block the vision.
What did you have to modify on the dash to make the 7015 fit the 03 F150 ..

I have an 03 and was planning on this unit until you said you have to modify the dash. Can you let me know what you had to do and how it turned out.

Stephen

Old 07-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Guys,

I just bought a used DDX 7015 - For some reason my amp turns off when I switch to my Ipod ?!?

What am I missing ?

I've got the remote hooked up and I'm plugged into the SUB RCA's, it works with the tuner but not my ipod ?

thanks,

Shawn

Quick Reply: 04 F-150, Questions on Kenwood DDX7015 2-DIN In-Dash 6.5" DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver?