My Pioneer Z110BT NAVI in a F150 2009 Lariat with XM

New Console:

Parts: Xacto knife
RVinyl sheet
Patience
Heat Gun
Scoche Console :
Alcohol Prep Pads

Clean the new console part thoroughly with Alcohol prep pads. Remove any dust, lint etc.

Cut a generous sized Vinyl sheet of your favorite style. On a flat surface, place the vinyl FACE down on the table. Using four pieces of tape, tape the edges of the vinyl (not the slick backing) to the table top.

Gently place the console centered over the cut sheet. Be sure to center and lay flat console to sheet. Lift and work it. Work all parts, edges, corners and grooves to smooth out and fit sheet to console. You may need to pop air bubbles with a pin. You may need to cut a corner to allow for directional changes. Use an Xacto knife to cut areas for ***** etc.

Use a heat gut when DONE with the above to slightly shrink and fix lumps.

The finished console product:

And then the Install!

I used a Metra Axxess AFSI-02 ford Sync harness.
And I used a PAC-SWi-PSv1 fpr the steering wheel controls.
Oh and dont forget that Chrystler antenna adapter!

Old 11-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see you finally got it installed and didnt go the stock route. Looks great man. Congrats.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Some additional photos:

Where I stuck the GPS and XM antenna's. I coul dhave used the build in Sirius antenna, but chose not to.
I installed the XM module up above the glove box and behind the passenger airbag.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks great man. How do you like it?

Old 11-29-2009, 10:19 PM
I have the same XM tuner on my Pioneer nav and you mentioned using the stock sirius antenna. Any idea on how I would go about using the stock antenna? I know where my tuner box and antenna wire are, but are the two just plug and play?

Old 11-30-2009, 11:40 PM
I like my setup a lot.
What I am bummed about is that Pioneer omitted CD changer control from the Z110BT. I now have to sell the CDX-686 6-cd changer. Brand new too.

I'm really proud of the wood grained vinyl covering i did on the Schoche console plate.

Considering the dealer wanted $2795 to install the factory nav. (Yes the sticker was $2300 but the outsourced installed wants a cut.) So I cut them all out!

The Sirius antenna under the dash will plug into the Xm module, you just have to remove the plastic housing.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Does sync still work with Metra AFSI-02? How?

Sopher (or anyone else), I saw in your other post you used the Metra Axxess AFSI-02 adapter. Some questions on how this works with Sync (I have a 2010 Lariat with no Nav/GPS):

1. If you are listening to the radio or CD, does it still play the phone audio over the speakers when a call comes in or do you have to switch to Aux?
2. On the oem radio, the volume **** independently adjusts the volume for a phone call different from the radio volume. With the Pioneer, how do you adjust sync volume for a phone (does it use the radio setting)?
3. Does the OEM blue/white display still work? What does it show?
4. If the OEM display still shows the clock, how do you adjust it now that the clock button is gone?
5. Do the steering wheel controls still control the sync - specifically the voice command button.

I have dozens of questions, this is just a start. Mainly just curious how all this works. At first I thought I would ditch Sync, but now that I have it, it is cool how the voice commands work with a phone and an attached USB drive full of music.

I would like to add an in-dash GPS and still retain the Sync if possible (looking at the Pioneer Avic or the Kenwoods).

Trending Topics

Old 03-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by bmwhitetx
Sopher (or anyone else), I saw in your other post you used the Metra Axxess AFSI-02 adapter. Some questions on how this works with Sync (I have a 2010 Lariat with no Nav/GPS):

1. If you are listening to the radio or CD, does it still play the phone audio over the speakers when a call comes in or do you have to switch to Aux?
2. On the oem radio, the volume **** independently adjusts the volume for a phone call different from the radio volume. With the Pioneer, how do you adjust sync volume for a phone (does it use the radio setting)?
3. Does the OEM blue/white display still work? What does it show?
4. If the OEM display still shows the clock, how do you adjust it now that the clock button is gone?
5. Do the steering wheel controls still control the sync - specifically the voice command button.

I have dozens of questions, this is just a start. Mainly just curious how all this works. At first I thought I would ditch Sync, but now that I have it, it is cool how the voice commands work with a phone and an attached USB drive full of music.

I would like to add an in-dash GPS and still retain the Sync if possible (looking at the Pioneer Avic or the Kenwoods).
I may actually disable my Sync.
My LCD blue white screen does work, it shows DRiver temp, passenger temp, direction, SYNC, USB line in, etc.

My Pioneer Z110BT shows the clock, handles my bluetooth and phone. If I disconnect the SYNC then all the wheel buttons will work solely for the Z110BT. Right now some are for SYnc and some are for the radio.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Sweet, i like how you used and worked the vynl.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by krane
Sweet, i like how you used and worked the vynl.
Thanks! The vinyl still looks great, no sign of wear. it looks like factory installed.

Quick Reply: My Pioneer Z110BT NAVI in a F150 2009 Lariat with XM