Problems with Vizualogic A-1000 headrest monitors

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with Vizualogic A-1000 headrest monitors

Both of my headrest monitors stopped working in my 06 f150 screw. The driver side will play the Audio from the dvd but not show a picture and the passenger side will not play anything. Both monitors work fine when i connect a dvd player to the aux port. MY best guess is that the laser on the pass side is completely gone and the one on the driver side is almost gone. Does anyone have any advice in toubleshooting or any idea what my options may be. I bought my truck used from a ford dealer in 08. I don't know if vizualogic offers a warranty or not.

Thanks
RB8720

Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Vizualogic monitors have a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty just like factory. Your problems may even be with the switcher unit which may be mounted under one of the seats or up in the center console under the radio. I have sold/installed at least a 100 of the Vizualogic systems and I think I have only had to do warranty on one of them other than a cable being pulled or something silly.

Contact them at 800-624-7960 and they should help you out. I've never had any bad experiences talking to them and their techs and engineering department are very nice too.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Thank you for the advice. I finally called TMI products support and spoke to them. They wanted 55 bucks per head rest just for me to send them in and have them look at them. Then they were going to tell me how much a repair cost. I told the lady I am experienced with electronics repair but didn't know how to remove the dvd player from the head rest, she was nice enough to tell me how and to tell me what to look for. They have a 28 conductor ribbon cable that goes from the main pcb board to the dvd player, on both players the cables had worked loose and became damages. So i thought fixing the dvd's would be easy now, except those ribbon cables were totally custome. 28 conductor isn't common, there .5mm pitch isn't very common and the contacts were on opposite sides. I called TMI products back to see if they had any they could sell and they said no, but If i send in they dvd's they would fix them for a fee. lol i ask them if they didn't have the needed cables, how could they fix them. They didn't have an answer so I said thanks and hung up. Desperate I tore apart some old dvd players i had and found some ribbon cables with .5mm pitch and opposite side contacts but they only had 20 condunctors. So I just split up all the ones I had to 14 conductors and used 2 14 conductor ables in place of the 1 28 conductor cables and both dvd players are back in Action. KC had you not given me the number to call I prob would have spent way more money on replacement dvd player.

RB

Quick Reply: Problems with Vizualogic A-1000 headrest monitors