Just ordered my access cover, great deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003 | 02:23 PM
|
Just ordered my access cover, great deal

Ordered my access cover from anythingtruck.com this morning.

385 including shipping. The best price I could find anywhere.

Talked to a guy named Todd Forret.

Cant wait till it gets here.

Tom

Old 02-24-2003 | 08:30 PM
I have been looking into getting a Access Cover, but am studying abroad this semester so it will have wait till the summer and also when I can afford one. I checked out the web site you referenced and it said "The Access roll-up tonneau cover is compatible with most bed rail accessories, the bows roll up in the tarp, and it remains flexible even at 40° below! Buy your Access Cover for as low as $426.55!". Did you strike a special deal with them? I have not called yet (it is not convenient to usually call people in the US from here since I am 6 hours ahead of the midwest)? Thanks for the info, looks like you got a great deal, I will have to look into them.

Old 02-24-2003 | 08:34 PM
|
I emailed them and got them to beat a price I was quoted by another site. Previously 390 was my best price.

I think I did ok.

Tom

Old 02-24-2003 | 08:36 PM
Tom,

Thanks for the info. I am on a budget (college student), but have been really interested in a Access Cover. A friend of mine used to work at a truck accessories store across the street from the Ford plant in Kansas City, and he got me interested in them. Again, thanks a lot for your info... I will look into your company and see if I can get the same price.

Old 02-24-2003 | 08:41 PM
|
No problem. Just wanted to pass on the good deal I got.

Let me know how it works out.

Tom

Old 02-24-2003 | 10:06 PM
Thumbs up

You're gonna love that cover.....I know I do

Old 02-25-2003 | 08:24 AM
FC26, could you get me pictures?

FC26,

I have been looking into an access cover for a while and posted a thread couple days ago but have gotten 71 views on it, yet no responses. I was wondering if you could help me out. The thread is "https://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107593". It is basically asking for some pictures of the mounting parts of the Access Cover to mount it to the bed. I will not retype it here if you do not mind, but if you have a digital camera/scanner and some free time could you take some pictures in response to the thread for me? Thanks a lot for your time and help if you can do it and have a great day.

Old 02-25-2003 | 09:59 AM
Unhappy sorry GreenBuck

If I had a digital camera/scanner, I would be glad to post pics for you..I guess it's time I came out of the dark ages, and got with the program....lol.

As best as I can describe it to you, there is a rail that goes along the inside of your truck bed rail. This is held into place by three inverted "C" clamps that are tightened by a nut on each clamp. I guess that makes them "U" clamps.

I have had my access cover now for 3 trucks. A 2001/2002/and now a 2003. It is a 15 minute job to switch it from truck to truck, and it looks as good as the day I bought it. I can't imagine owning any other brand. I love the velcro closure, my friend has a different brand, with snaps, and he hates it.

Sorry I couldn't do the pictures for you, maybe somebody else can. Have a great day.

Old 02-25-2003 | 10:17 AM
|
Ill take some pics and post after I get it

Old 03-30-2003 | 12:41 PM
Those that have this cover does the velcro start to wear out over time, if so how long do you think it will last.

Also is is still as secure a year or two later as when you first bought it. And what about water leaking into the bed, if so how much.

Also could you discuss the pros and cons of this cover.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ray

Old 03-30-2003 | 06:17 PM
Hey Guys, Sorry, but I have ot had time to post a reply to this thread (been more busy then ever these past few weeks with school and work and stuff). Another member responded to the original thread I had put up requesting pictures before I posted to this thread, and put up pictures of the brackets of the Access Cover. The thread is the same as above, but again, it is https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...t=access+cover

Thank you very much for all of your help though in trying to get my pictures guys. You all and everyone on this board have always been of great help. Thanks again for your help and have a good day.

Old 03-08-2006 | 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by InfiniteMhz
Those that have this cover does the velcro start to wear out over time, if so how long do you think it will last.
Ray
I would like any opinions to this question as well. I don't want the velcro getting dirty and/or wearing out in a few years. Also since this thread is 3 years old does anyone have a good place to order from? They seem to be about $440 or so whever I have looked so far.
Thanks,
Craig

EDIT - Cheapest I found was at the local Ford dealership although I can't believe it. Anyway it was $387 for the Access if anyone is considering the same they may want to check their local dealer.

Last edited by CraigH; 03-08-2006 at 03:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my access cover, great deal