Air intake install question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003 | 02:26 PM
|
Air intake install question

I ordered one the cold air kits off ebay but it has no instruction, are there any tricks to installing one or is it pretty much as straight forward as it looks? From what I can see, you just unbolt the factory ducting and the kit bolts on using the provided hoses and filter. Is that the case?

Old 03-03-2003 | 03:39 PM
Thumbs up

if it is an airaide yes i probaly just installed the same one on a 2000 f150 5.4

Old 03-03-2003 | 04:22 PM
If its the painted silver unit with the bracket attached to the tube, I can help.

racer47

mbruce@cejco.net

Old 03-05-2003 | 06:37 PM
On most units you just swap the MAF and IAT from you're existing unit to the new one. Just be careful removing these parts. One slip and it's off to Ford for a new one. There's also two hose that go to the intake. There should be ports for these on the new one so it's pretty straight forward.

Old 03-19-2003 | 12:58 PM
I installed a MAC intake in my 01' 5.4

The only part that made me stop to think was relocating the MAF sensor...be carefull when you take it out of the stock housing. Everything else is pretty straightforward...I didnt need to refer to the instructions that came with mine other than the picture. Dont forget to hook up the temp sensor. I also added hose clamps to firm up the fitting. If your kit didnt come with any its worth the $3 for the four clamps you will need. I also bought additional 5/8 and 3/4 hose so that I could relieve the angle that the kit hoses met the intake at.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Air intake install question