aftermarket dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003 | 01:26 AM
|
aftermarket dash lights

does anyone have aftermarket dash lights on their f-150?????????

Old 05-05-2003 | 09:30 AM
Technical Article Contributor

If you go to www.sylvania.com and enter the mfgr year and type of truck, it will give the bulb part numbers for the entire truck.

The 2001 F-150 the instrument bulbs are part number 37 and part number 194. Don't know how many of each to be honest.

# 37 is the same bulb as the ash try per the Sylvania web site, and 194 is the same as the License plate lights.

Best I can think is buy about 10 of each, and return what you don't use. Don't have my service manual right now to see how many of each are back there.

if you want to you can try the wedge base LED bulbs, but they only work better for the direct lit instrument bulbs ( turn signal, oil light, seat belt, etc ). I did a LED dash light set in my ZG-1000 and the general instrument lighting is not as good as the standard bulbs. This has to do with a LEDs light is the brightest straight on, and diminishes the greater the angle. If you turn on the key without starting it or use the HEC DTM you can count the number and color of each for the red and yellow ones. This does make them brighter when viewed straight on.

Good luck finding the # 37 bulbs, save one for your ash try light.

Steve

Quick Reply: aftermarket dash lights