Custom Paint on IceMan FIPK

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003 | 08:39 PM
|
From: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Custom Paint on IceMan FIPK

I painted my new Intake system over the weekend. I painted it graphite. Here`s a pic of the new look. Let me know is it better or worse than before. Check it out in my gallery!!!

Lariat#1

Last edited by LARIAT1; 05-12-2003 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2003 | 05:26 PM
Thumbs up that looks really nice man

I just put a red iceman intake in my truck today! I have a red 03 F150. Trying to get pics up. The install went alittle rough at first but looks like it should hold up for quite sometime. (hope so). I see that you took of the right side of the stock housing and now have the filter open. How did you do that? Any difference like that? I hear alot of guys say their intakes make a really cool sound, but mine doesnt make any sound. any way how are u keeping the filter on like that.

And that does look really cool man

Jim

Old 05-14-2003 | 09:00 PM
|
From: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
I went out to a auto salvage yard. I bought the filter side of an air box, than I cut it down all the way around. I left just enough to enclose the filter in(a LIP). I also let the feet on the bottom side I cut around them. I hope this helps you out.
Lariat#1

Old 05-15-2003 | 10:43 AM
Talking not exactly sure what you mean, but thanks for attempting to explain

Sorry man I'm new at this stuff, just got my truck and dont kno much about the do it your self stuff, In other words I m not good at it. I kinda get what you mean but its prob too much for me. One more question is how does the air get in and through your filter with that red cap thing on. WHen you leave the stock cover it still sucks the air from the right side of the car for you. How does that one work. And are there any noticealbe gains by removing the stock housing?

Thanks again man

Jim

Old 05-15-2003 | 04:50 PM
Moderator &
That is sweet.

Is it me or does EVERY SINGLE TRUCK OUT THERE have a crappy looking radiator shroud sticker (the belt schematic and such) on it? I've never seen one that 'stays put'. I've had one replaced already because it was bubbling... the new one is already doing the same. It's only 3 months old.

I'm really looking for something else to go in that spot.

-RP

Quick Reply: Custom Paint on IceMan FIPK