Alarms

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-1999 | 09:21 AM
|
Alarms

Hi all,
Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on aftermarket alarm systems. Viper seems to be the most popular, but I hear it's not neccessarily the best option.
The Ford dealership is offerring a factory alarm system for $350.00, and they say it retails at $600. Has anyone had any experience with this system? Is it worth it?
Thanks in advance!

Old 06-17-1999 | 10:40 AM
I had a factory one put on my 97'. It was a very good overall alarm. If someone broke in, the Horn would sound. It would have a LOCK/UNLOCK Buttons and a Panic button which would set-off the alarm then press it again to shut it up. For my 99' I got a Remote STart from a near by place called Audio Trends. I like the remote start/keyless entry better though. The choice is up to you.

------------------
1999 Ford F150 XLT ,Cloth Seats, CD Player, 4.6 Liter Triton V8, 3:55 LS, Towing Package, 4 Speed Auto, K&N Airfilter, and soon Superchip and Airaid

Fast46Triton The Freaky, fast engine from the factory!
The 4.6 is a great engine, so dont be dissin it! Oh yeah, Shovies, watch out! This aint no ordinary truck!

Old 06-17-1999 | 02:17 PM
J-C
I ordered the "Dealer Installed" alarm when I ordered the truck. (Don't recall the price.) It is a hidden Fuel Cut-off + Ignition Kill system. The "Panic" button came with the Electric Door Lock and Remote Keyless Entry package. (I use it when the neighbors cat decides to curl up on my hood )
I don't have a Remote Start feature.

------------------
1999 F-250 XLT Super Duty Crew Cab Long Bed
V-10, Automatic 4R100, 4.30 Limited Slip.
GVW = 6700# Towing Capacity = 13,300#
Dark Hunter Green. Ford Running Boards.
Grey Rhino-Liner. Captain's Chairs. CD+Tape
* * * Non-Leaking Sliding Window * * *
http://members.home.net/jchartier/jnctrk.html

Old 06-17-1999 | 05:36 PM
J-C thats a great way to take care of your neighbors cats I have used the panic on my mustang to scare birds cats and dogs from my car.

Old 06-17-1999 | 06:31 PM
RedMan: I did a lot of research on this subject as I ordered the truck with the keyless entry and didnot want to have a separate remote for security and didnot want the hastle of connecting the security to the power locks. I found that Code Alarm makes a system that intregrates with the Ford keyless entry. http://www.codl.com/sureguard.htm I have not yet installed it (I bought the 40) but it looks to be fairly easy.

------------------
On Order - 1999 F-150 4x4 XLT Ext Cab Flairside(Black w/dark graphite) Sport Package,5.4,auto,3.55LS,skid plates,captains chairs,cd changer,keyless entry,tow package,bed liner,& tonneau cover. Aftermarket Mods Ordered - Airaid FIPK (from F-150 Online Store),Gibson Side Swept Single,Smittybilt Modular Black Textured Nerfs,Deflecta Shield Magnum Deflector,Ventvisors,& Code Alarm SureGuard40 Security Sys (integrates w/keyless entry)

Old 06-17-1999 | 11:40 PM
How do you get the remote start feature to work with the PATS key system?!?!?

------------------
1999 Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab, Harvest Gold, 4.2L V6, 5 Speed, 3.08, Kenwood Stereo with Self powered Sub, KMC 16X8 Rims,
K&N Filter, that I think makes a heck of a difference on this motor.

Old 06-18-1999 | 07:44 AM
|
Cheese'd,
That's what I'm looking for... an alarm system that uses the same remote for the keyless entry. I'll be doing some research today, calling around for prices and such. The factory alarm seems to be a good deal.
I could wait a little while on it, because I'm keeping the stock CD player (until I find out that an upgrade is a must) and the trucks come with a chip in the key now that provides theft protection (man, trucks have come a long way!). I'll let you all know how it turns out...
Thanks everyone!

Old 06-18-1999 | 08:54 AM
I have a Code Alarm and my only concern is that is too sensitive. I live near an Air Force base and when these EC-130's fly over the alarm will chirp once in awhile (not set it off, just chirp like a bird). I park in a 3 story parking garage at work and the noise of some vehicles will set off the alarm. I had the installer turn down the sensitivity but it is still touchy. My neighbors love me whenever I mess up and set it off at 6 in the morning.

------------------
97 F-150, 2WD, Reg Cab,Flareside,Dk Toreador Red, 4.6, 3.55 LS, EGR Bug Deflector, ******* Bed Cover, Bed Liner, XL Full Length Running Boards, Air Aid Kit, Gibson Single Out Cat Back, Superchips, TransGo Shift Kit, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs

Old 06-18-1999 | 05:44 PM
RedMan,

My alarm is made by the same people who make Clifford, the alarm remote works my Clifford alarms on my other two rides ('90 Bronco & '94 Grand Prix). The truck came with keyless entry, but I do not use the remote that came with the truck. The only problem is when the alarm is on valet and I use the alarm remote to lock the doors. If I use the key to open the door the factory alarm goes off (horn) and I have to shut that down by starting the truck.

------------------
'99 WHITE F150 XLT FlareSide SC 4.2 Auto 3.55, Superchip,
Black Westin Nerfs, White Prime Design BugShield,
White Vtech Taillight Covers, White Vtech Sidewinders,
LOTTA SHOW and SOME GO

Old 06-28-1999 | 11:08 PM
T Ellenberger - Now that I have installed my code-alarm unit I can tell ya the shock sensor is just very sensative. I fixed it by putting a piece of velcro between the sensor and the dash support. I was then able to adjust just right.

Good Luck

------------------
1999 F-150 4x4 XLT Ext Cab Flairside(Black w/dark graphite)Sport Package,5.4,auto,3.55LS,skid plates,captains chairs,cd changer,keyless entry,tow package,bed liner,& tonneau cover. Aftermarket Mods - Airaid FIPK ,Gibson Side Swept Single,Smittybilt Modular Black Textured Nerfs,Deflecta Shield Magnum Deflector,Ventvisors,& Code Alarm SureGuard40 Security.

Quick Reply: Alarms