Custom programed computer chips

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-1999 | 12:44 AM
|
Question Custom programed computer chips

(This is a repeat to postings in both the computor and transmission sections, I'm trying to cover my bases)
Hello folks, I'm looking for some user feedback with regard to standard vs. custom programming on a Superchips module for my 99 5.4L trans combo. I'm currently in contact with Mike T. regarding a custom program for a new chip. I just wanted to know if anyone has had their transmission program altered from the standard superchips program, to acheive a higher level of performance. If so can you provide some feedback as to the results. I do not plan to tow or haul with this truck, so I want a more agressive transmission program. I'm sure that their have been others that have tried to achieve similar goals, so I'm looking for a little feedback and some advice. Thanks in advance.

------------------
Bob P.
99 F-150 120" w/b
5.4L w/ASP underdrive pulleys, modified airbox w/K&N filter, and Borla Turbo muffler.

Old 11-29-1999 | 07:07 AM
bBob
I had the custom programming done with the firmer shifts. I am pleased with what they did but it is not neck snapping shifts. I have the hipertech power programmer for my vette and that also allows firmer shifting but under light load you sometimes get a nasty snap when it ****s. I also had the gailbanks trans command for my expeditions but that also produced a hard shift under light load and soft shift under WOT. The superchip seems to change the harshness by load, I would think this is what you want.
ob
I had the custom programining

------------------
1999 EB X 5.9 4.1 gears, Borla catback, Vortech supercharger,superchip

Old 11-29-1999 | 11:24 AM
|
Thanks for the info. Mike T. has got me debating the issue within my own mind now. So I'm not sure if I'll go custom or not, decisions decisions...

------------------
Bob P.
99 F-150 120" w/b
5.4L w/ASP underdrive pulleys, modified airbox w/K&N filter, and Borla Turbo muffler.

Quick Reply: Custom programed computer chips