Aftermarket Alarm/Keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-1999 | 08:26 PM
|
Question Aftermarket Alarm/Keyless entry

Has anyone added an aftermarket alarm/keyless entry system to their f150?
What brand? How much? Where?

98 f150XLT, white, std cab, style side shortbed, 2wd, 4.6l, Auto, posi, 3.55, tow pkg, fabtech 3.5 lift, 375x70x16 Dunlop ATs, jvc 12 cd, dynomax w/custom duals, K&N, billet grill, bed cover, bed liner........

Old 11-30-1999 | 10:16 AM
I just bought a Viper 550ESP for $399 from Circuit City, a large electronic chain store here in Calif. The price includes installation. However, it is not installed yet so I have no *real* experience to offer. For me, the installation is as important as the unit itself and I did spend over an hour talking to the installer. That's what really sold me. The unit itself will do keyless entry and just about mow the lawn. It has a "remote start" feature which will actually start the truck! (for automatic trans. only). So, the idea is that on a really cold day, you leave your truck heater on, hit the remote from the comfort of your house and when you go out to the truck, it is all warm and ready to go. A feature I am sure I can't live without...
Anyway, I will let you know how I like it after it is installed on Friday. For now, you can get more information on Viper alarms from the factory at: www.directed.com
Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Alarm/Keyless entry