supercharger is on it's way

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-1999 | 02:47 PM
|
Cool supercharger is on it's way

Well guys I finally done it, I ordered my powerdyne supercharger yesterday. The wait is killing me and now I have to send my superchip out also, oh woe is me. But I guess it will be worth the wait.

I would like to know what is the usual way you launch off the line. Right now with my setup if I just stomp the gas, I spin out until I get to 35-40 mph w/auto. It seems I have to baby the gas alittle, then punch it.
I just know when I get the supercharger I am going to have to be careful to launch successfully.
98 Nascar Edition

homepage http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/jackhel/index.html

BED LINER, K&N FILTER, CUSTOM AIR BOX W/SILENCER TUBE REMOVED, SHIFT KIT, SUPERCHIP, DYNOMAX EXHAUST, GUTTED MAF, 4.10 REAR END GEARS, XTRA BRITE HALOGEN LITES. POWERDYNE SUPERCHARGER IN 5-7 DAYS

Old 12-01-1999 | 04:45 PM
could you tell me where and how much did it cost?

thanks

Robert

Old 12-01-1999 | 04:51 PM
jackhel,

I've also just ordered the Powerdyne and am going out of my mind waiting for it. I just checked UPS and it looks like it will be here tomorrow!

rcantu,

I got my Powerdyne from Fairway Sport & Performance (714) 524-1200. It was $1995 shipped (they shipped free if ordered in November). Ask for Denny.

------------------
97 F150 Lariat, Supercab, Shortbed, 4x4, Black w/Gray Leather, 5.4 liter, 3:55 ls, 4 speed auto.

Mods: K&N Airfilter with Airbox mod. Dynomax Catback Exhaust. (Coming soon, no, really, they're in the mail: Powerdyne SVO Supercharger, Custom Superchip)

Old 12-01-1999 | 04:57 PM
I think the supercharger will only exacerbate the wheelspin problem, especially if you have the ‘hard’ OEM tires. My ’97 Lariat would spin at the slightest provocation.

You need some Lightning wheels and tires (~$1,800/set) or something softer/wider on your wheels to get some bite. Lightning owners have found that if you’re having traction problems, brake-torquing (sp?) only makes it worse.

------------------
'99 Black Lightning #1212 5/12/99

Old 12-01-1999 | 05:15 PM
|
rcantu,

I bought my supercharger from the same place that YamaHauler did.
98 Nascar Edition

homepage http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/jackhel/index.html

BED LINER, K&N FILTER, CUSTOM AIR BOX W/SILENCER TUBE REMOVED, SHIFT KIT, SUPERCHIP, DYNOMAX EXHAUST, GUTTED MAF, 4.10 REAR END GEARS, XTRA BRITE HALOGEN LITES. POWERDYNE SUPERCHARGER IN 5-7 DAYS

Quick Reply: supercharger is on it's way