Edelbrock IAS shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2000 | 09:30 PM
|
Question Edelbrock IAS shocks

I am considering Edelbrock IAS shocks on my truck. Does anyone have any comments (good or bad)? The cheapest I have found them are $232 for all 4.

------------------
'97 F150 4x4 Off-Road Extended Cab Lariat Flareside white/tan, tan leather, 4.6

bedliner
single-lid toolbox
Gibson split-rear exit cat-back exhaust
K&N Air Filter

Many more modifications to come

Old 01-18-2000 | 09:33 PM
Search the Suspension section of the board for older threads for more info and comments. They ride smooth and reduce body roll. If your stock shocks are worn out, you'll notice a big difference. The bushings are much stiffer than stock.

------------------
1999 XLT S/C, 4.2 V-6, auto, 3.55 rear, dark torreador red/harvest gold, bed liner, Sony 10 disc CD, Edelbrock IAS, K&N filter, Superchip

[This message has been edited by dirt bike dave (edited 01-18-2000).]

Old 01-19-2000 | 07:13 PM
|
I know what Edelbrock says about the shocks and how they work, but I would like some personal experience info. Anyone?

REDONE, That price was from 4-Wheel Parts Wholesalers, and it was during their big annual sale. I don't think that price is offered right now....we will have to wait until their next big sale--in June I think. However, the $232 was installed, so I think it is worth the wait--if the shocks are all they are cracked up to be.

------------------
'97 F150 4x4 Off-Road Extended Cab Lariat Flareside white/tan, tan leather, 4.6

bedliner
single-lid toolbox
Gibson split-rear exit cat-back exhaust
K&N Air Filter

Many more modifications to come

Old 01-19-2000 | 09:19 PM
You will find personal feedback in the 'supsension' section of this message board. Search back for topics posted over the last 6 months. You will find lots of information from people who have the shocks.

I started a thread titled Edelbrock IAS Review. You should be able to find it by looking.

------------------
1999 XLT S/C, 4.2 V-6, auto, 3.55 rear, dark torreador red/harvest gold, bed liner, Sony 10 disc CD, Edelbrock IAS, K&N filter, Superchip

Old 01-20-2000 | 12:08 AM
Question

Lovemy4x4,

Where did you locate that price? Cheapest I found was ~$70 each. Mail order, web site, custom (4x4) shop, or what???

------------------
RED-ONE
'97 F150 Red/Silver Lariat, SC, 157" wheelbase.

Factory Equipment includes: Lariat option,4x4, 5.4L, Automatic, 3.55 LS, Graphite leather, Power bucket seats, HD Tow package, Y2K style Rear sliding window, Ford bed liner, electric shift-on-the-fly.

Aftermarket additions/modifications: Superchipped, K&N Air filter, Air box Mods, 2-1/2" True Dual exhaust with chrome tips out the back, 36" glass packs, LT265/75R16 Michelin LTX A/T's, custom rear spring pack, cranked torsion bars, Bug deflector, Window drip edge guards, Sony 10 Disk CD changer, Chrome Westin step bars, Extang Tonneau cover.

Future additions: Hellwig bar, tinted front side windows, super white lights, IAS Shocks and the list goes on and on and on and...

This site is soooo addictive!!!!!

Old 01-23-2000 | 10:24 PM
|
I found the thread, but I did have to go way back. Thanks for the info....it sounds like they are worth it. I just have one more question. What can anyone tell me about the ride smoothness compared to the OEM shocks? Edelbrock says you don't have to sacrifice the smooth F150 ride to get the better handling--is that true?

Old 01-24-2000 | 12:37 AM
I've been running them on the Expedition for about 18 months and have no complaints. They reduced body roll tremendously and smoothed out the small bumps. They aren't the softest (best riding) shocks I've ever seen, but they are far superior to the OEM dampers. Then again, part of the roughness may be my tires.

When the ones on my F150 go out, I'll replace them with a set of IAS.

Neal

------------------
1997 4x4 Expedition- 4.6L, true dual exhaust w/glass-packs, K&N air filter, SuperChip, airbox mods, Edelbrock shocks, 285/75R16 BFG ATs, Optima "T-Bone" wheels, and Clarion In-dash CD player. Just added Smitty Bilt push bars and nerf bars!!

2000 4x2 F150 XLT Reg. Cab LWB- 5.4L, Tow Pkg, 3.55LS, CD player,Remote Keyless Entry, Sliding back glass, Special Appearance Pkg.

http://members.visualcities.com/NoMo

Old 01-24-2000 | 07:42 PM
IMO the Edelbrocks still ride soft. They are much closer to Cadillac than race car.

------------------

Quick Reply: Edelbrock IAS shocks