Newbie question about this cold air intake...advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006 | 10:57 PM
|
Newbie question about this cold air intake...advice

Here is what I recently purchased...I didn't check with anyone who might know as I thought this was a K & N but then I didn't know any better. Has anyone put this on their truck? I have a 1999 F150 5.4L that has an engine with 26000 miles thanks to Ford replacing the engine...long story.

Anyway here is the company: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 06-22-2006 | 11:22 PM
It's called a C3FIPK. The C3 stands for Cheap Chinese Copy. I have a similar one in my truck and it works perfectly. The filter is a chinese copy ofa K&N. In the years I had it on, I never found the slightest amount of dust in my intake.
Let's be realistic. It's a bent piece of aluminum. Even the 6 year old chinese sweat shop kid has a hard time scewing it up.
You may want to invest in some better clamps, mine rusted easily. Even if you buy new hardware, you still have U$150 left over vice buying the namebrand K&N. Which was propably made in the same sweatshop.

Fritz

Old 06-23-2006 | 06:59 AM
|
Cat...

that makes me feel great. The company was very nice when I spoke to them on the phone. I don't mind if its a copy just as long as it copies the result.

Paul

Quick Reply: Newbie question about this cold air intake...advice