Nerf Bar Installation and rear brake line

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006 | 10:33 AM
|
Nerf Bar Installation and rear brake line

I just installed a set of nerf bars on my 2006 f150 standard cab. I'm not a mechanical type of guy hence this question. When I installed the front base for the bars, on the drivers side, the base tends to pinch the brake line that runs to the back of the truck. Atleast I beive this is a brakeline. The area where the base pinches the line has a tube around it, it's not the exposed part. Should I be concerned that the line is pinched between the base for the nerf bars and the body of the truck. Any advice would be helpfull. Thanks

Old 10-26-2006 | 10:48 AM
Global Moderator &
It should not pinch any line at all. Could be a brake line or the fuel line. When I installed my nerf bars, I was able to move the lines slightly so they were out of the way. I would be concerned that it could it would rub aline in two as the truck flexes.

Old 10-26-2006 | 11:46 AM
If a brake line chase it back i would reroute gets so stainless steel line or auminum or stainless flex im not that big a fan of it and re route it to a safer location brakes are your life dont forget

Old 10-31-2006 | 01:49 AM
if its the same as the set i placed on my 05 f150 it the ebrake cable you can pull it somewhat out toward the frame and teh bracket will go in with out piniching the line

Quick Reply: Nerf Bar Installation and rear brake line