E fans ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007 | 08:12 PM
399 with free shipping from summit. Kit is pretty nice, i have it installed on my 05 4.6L.

Old 03-13-2007 | 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by BlueScrew4.6
399 with free shipping from summit. Kit is pretty nice, i have it installed on my 05 4.6L.
I must be looking at the wrong P/N because the one I found was over $550 at Summit. I did find it at rpmoutlet.com for $399 though.

Old 03-13-2007 | 10:18 PM
i just installed my efans over the weekend.. install wasnt bad.. but id take the radiatior out next time.... my poor fingers hurt! and i painted mine silver to match the truck

Old 03-14-2007 | 12:21 AM
After installing your efans this past weekend....could you tell much of a difference? Thanks.

Old 03-18-2007 | 05:57 PM
I'm thinking about gettting the Troyer kit for my F-150, would this be a better upgrade then exhaust headers?

I have a 4.2 V-6, the headers cost more then the E-fans I dont know what to do first , fans or headers.

Old 03-18-2007 | 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by DOUROS81
I'm thinking about gettting the Troyer kit for my F-150, would this be a better upgrade then exhaust headers?

I have a 4.2 V-6, the headers cost more then the E-fans I dont know what to do first , fans or headers.
I would go with e-fans over headers. Cheaper, easier to install, and e-fans always get results all across the board IMO with more power and MPG's not to mention quicker warm up witch leads to the engine running at ideal temp sooner for greater efficiency.

Old 03-21-2007 | 01:37 AM
whats the install like? not so much concerned with how long it took as opposed to what all did you have to remove? any special tools required? extra hands necessary?

Old 03-21-2007 | 03:12 PM
Does anyone have E-fans installed on a 2004+ F-150 with the Auto Climate Control? My Lariat with the Climate Control seems to cycle the A/C compressor on and off continuously unless its really cold outside... not sure if that would be good for the E-fan controllers?
Thanks,

Old 03-21-2007 | 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by dbdragracing
After installing your efans this past weekend....could you tell much of a difference? Thanks.

yup worth the money.... plus it frees up soooooo much room under the hood

Old 03-21-2007 | 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by south_ms_sprcru
whats the install like? not so much concerned with how long it took as opposed to what all did you have to remove? any special tools required? extra hands necessary?

hardest part i had was removing the stock fan... takes a 1 1/2 wrench and the belt wasnt tight enuff to keep the pully from turning... so prybar + wrench got it done.. and some cursing.

installation directions were perfect... 8,10 mm socket with ratchet..drilll and 5/32 drillbit. phillips and flat screwdriver... 2 hands will be nice for mounting the radiatior...

if i had to do it again id take the radiatior out for ease of installing the fans....

Old 05-16-2007 | 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Hi.

The highlighted text above is the best advice w.r.t install reliability. With the currents involved, and the environment it's in, any other connection method will likeely cause problems long-term.

Also, choose a quality controller - either SPAL or DC Control. Unless you wanna be a switch monkey like Neal .

Seriously, adding manual override switches IS a good idea, over & above the controller. Indicator lights are a plus as well.

Separate controllers are preferred ( with two separate fans ) for failsafe redundancy.

So - got an electric nut in the family or friend? Buy 'em a case & get it done.

Cheers
Bubba
I am not a novice to working on vehicles but I am not an "electric nut" . I am looking to get advice from what I see to be a knowledgable individual in the electric field. Is there detailed instructions out there for wiring up override switches and LED indicators ? I am looking to install the Troyer efans and I am trying to do it right the first time I put them in. Thanks.

Old 05-16-2007 | 12:31 PM
Is anyone richenouh to try the controller from Dakota Digital?
It can control two fans and has a digita readout for the temp you set for on and off.

Old 05-16-2007 | 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Maverick 15
I am not a novice to working on vehicles but I am not an "electric nut" . I am looking to get advice from what I see to be a knowledgable individual in the electric field. Is there detailed instructions out there for wiring up override switches and LED indicators ? I am looking to install the Troyer efans and I am trying to do it right the first time I put them in. Thanks.
Hi.

First, check out these threads if you haven't already....

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=279954

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=285389

You need to scope out what you want to do with overrides; you can force fan(s) ON, or force them OFF. Folks typically force them OFF when offroading in water & such. Some folks like to force them on @ the strip for cooldown or in stop&go or just 'cause they can.

Whichever way you choose, always use relays to switch the large currents.

For indicators - the simple approach is a 12v LED for each fan, wired across the fan itself - (or at the output from the controller). Always fuse the wires ( very small fuse for LED's required), as it is going to be tied into a high current fan power lead. Fussy, but the safest way. That small wire will become an incendiary real quick if shorted on it's way to the cab.

You can get as fancy as you like, too - indicators for override reminders - just use DPST swiches; the second pole can drive the override LED's. You of course have to like a lot of blinky lights in the cab .

Things to consider - you need to be real careful not to compromise the warranty on the kit you are buying.... tread carefully. Use only quality components, wire, fuse holders, relays, etc.

Good luck. Keep asking questions.

Cheers
Bubba

Old 05-29-2007 | 10:07 PM
Just a tip here...A very expierienced mechanic showed me a kool trick when I was installing my fans. The nut for the clutch fan is very tough to get off especially fussing with huge wrenches. He saw me doing this and came over and used his Air powered "Burp Gun" with a blunt tip on the nut. Bam! 2 trigger pulls and the darn thing was loose. Just passing this along.

Quick Reply: E fans ?