Security System

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007 | 08:44 PM
|
Security System

Just wondering what systems out there you all think are the best. maybe even some of the less mainstream brands. I am looking for possibly two way remote and remote start/security.

Old 07-07-2007 | 09:46 PM
There are plenty to chose from I installed a Vipor system myself Best buy wanted almost $300.00 bought the same on one line for $89 down side no warrenty.

Old 07-07-2007 | 09:52 PM
i installed a VIPER security and remote start. Air horns and inside sirens with backup batteries, motion sensor and glass breakage.

Remote has indicators and is good for 1 mile distance (not sure about the distance)

I want to have alot of noise when some a$$hole starts screwing around with my truck...one break ($4000 in damage and stolen property) in is one too many

Old 07-07-2007 | 11:43 PM
I have the autopage alarm/remote start. It has more options than I know what to do with, but it works very well. It has some type of "smart" system where most loud vehicles or loud music wont set it off, but a slight tap on the body, or the tires will trigger it. I called my insurance company and it lowered my insurance $600 a year! Even though this alarm was a gift to me, it paid for its self in 1 year!

Old 07-08-2007 | 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by built54
I have the autopage alarm/remote start. It has more options than I know what to do with, but it works very well. It has some type of "smart" system where most loud vehicles or loud music wont set it off, but a slight tap on the body, or the tires will trigger it. I called my insurance company and it lowered my insurance $600 a year! Even though this alarm was a gift to me, it paid for its self in 1 year!

+1 on this system, it's probably the same model I have. I work on an Air Force base, and when the jets take off, it goes off the first time, but then learns, and doesn't go off again. Mine has a feature where someone can tap on label on the windshield, and page me (when I have it activated). I've used that feature more than I thought I would. The remote start feature kicks a$$. I wont own another vehicle without one. I set the time I want it to start (20 mins before I leave for work), and it's ready to go and warm when I walk out... I dont even have to remember to start it.

I paid about $700 for it installed, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 07-08-2007 | 10:28 AM
|
Thanks for the in put Guys

Old 07-29-2007 | 07:09 AM

Quick Reply: Security System