Autotap scanner any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007 | 06:13 PM
rub
|
Autotap scanner any good?

Looking to buy a scanner but want one that will give a bit more information than the small scanners from my local parts store. Anyone using Autotap any pros and cons about this product? Thanks in advance

Old 07-08-2007 | 10:31 PM
Cool

HI!... I have one. It's junk. Half the time it worked, the other half it didn't. Hard as hell to data log with. Don't waste your money.

Old 07-08-2007 | 10:53 PM
rub
|
Hey Neal
You have any recommendations of one that is worth spending money on?

Old 07-26-2007 | 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by Neal
HI!... I have one. It's junk. Half the time it worked, the other half it didn't. Hard as hell to data log with. Don't waste your money.
Maybe the operator? Mine is easier to use than my SCT setup and worked every time I used it.

Only reason I don't use it any more is that I need the capability to log an external signal along with the normal data (A/F Ratio). Yes, I'd sell it.

Old 07-26-2007 | 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by madferraristi
Maybe the operator? Mine is easier to use than my SCT setup and worked every time I used it.

Only reason I don't use it any more is that I need the capability to log an external signal along with the normal data (A/F Ratio). Yes, I'd sell it.
HI!... Not likely. 4 dyno operators tried to run it plus two mechanics. AUTOTAP = JUNK.

Old 07-26-2007 | 07:44 PM
I have had Auto Tap for about four years now and it has always worked well. I just received new tunes and now using XCAL2 I have been working with the XCAL2 for about 2 weeks there are so many software glitches that I am about ready to use it for a wheel chock, and go back to my Auto Tap. The XCAL2 has faster data retrieval but some of the PIDS will not work.

Quick Reply: Autotap scanner any good?