aftermarket accessory lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007 | 11:50 PM
|
aftermarket accessory lights

Hey all--

I have a set of cheapie Wal-Mart fogs in my valance... They work fine, but they dont turn on right when I flip the switch...Its like a 4 minute delay, so I havent been using them lately, for fear of electrical fire. (Also, the lighted switch doesnt light up until the lights kick on)

Does anybody know WHY this is, and how to fix it? All the wiring seems correct-- this isnt my only lighting mod, but the only one with problems... But if anybody has any places that I should really look at, please let me know...

As for the quality-- I know. I am saving up for a brushguard, on which I will mount some nice lights, but for now, I have walmart lights in the grill and in the valance. while I am on the topic-- does anybody have any suggestions for relatively inexpensive driving lights that have a more distant beam (almost that of a spotlight...)??? I used to have a set of Harbor Freight lights like this, but they got smashed out...(Dern Kids!!!), but as always, would like to get nicer ones. Keep in mind-- I need to keep costs low, but quality decent. I dont need the best, but something that works-- well.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the long post.

Old 08-05-2007 | 11:00 PM
|
(bump)-- Anybody???

Old 08-06-2007 | 12:57 AM
hey man long time no talk...well back when i had my kc offroad lights they did the same thing and the ground wiring got messed up and lost the ground...some lights you might want to look at are Hellas or some KC's i had kc's and they are great lights and VERY bright...but im thinking of buying some hellas but they are kind of expensive...hope that helps you out...

Old 08-06-2007 | 11:00 PM
|
Originally Posted by Matt****son
hey man long time no talk...well back when i had my kc offroad lights they did the same thing and the ground wiring got messed up and lost the ground...some lights you might want to look at are Hellas or some KC's i had kc's and they are great lights and VERY bright...but im thinking of buying some hellas but they are kind of expensive...hope that helps you out...
Yeah, bud-- been awhile... Hows everything been going? (Are you planning on attending the Grapevine Meet? Shoot me off an email...)

Thanks for the tips. I think that when I finally get after it and order a brushguard, I will get some KCs. Again, thanks for the help.

Old 08-07-2007 | 12:12 AM
what kind of brushguard are u looking at...?if its ranchhand they make mounts for lights that just bolt on to the grill guard...

Old 08-07-2007 | 12:00 PM
|
Originally Posted by Matt****son
what kind of brushguard are u looking at...?if its ranchhand they make mounts for lights that just bolt on to the grill guard...
I know that most of them have the option-- but I have to find one at a decent price (decent on my budget...) I am thinking of getting one from Fronteir Gear, mosty because of the low price. I am not really a fan of the looks of the headlight wrap they use, but that can be modded... And I may get one for ultra cheap/free if something goes through pretty soon....

But that isnt the only thing I am needing to buy for my truck...I have some other goodies riht now that need to be bought and installed....we will see...

Quick Reply: aftermarket accessory lights