Tie-down cleats/anchorpoints for '06 F150?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007 | 05:59 PM
|
Tie-down cleats/anchorpoints for '06 F150?????

Anyone who has used the tie down points on the new model F150's knows that if you give them a good tug that they bend. And they arent designed very well anyway. I am looking for something similar to a boat/dock cleat. I would love something like that that would fit in the existing holes in the bed. I DO NOT want stake hole tie downs. I have Googled this until I am tired of it, but I cant find anything. Does anyone know if and where there is anything like this. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-16-2007 | 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by BoonedockFF
Anyone who has used the tie down points on the new model F150's knows that if you give them a good tug that they bend. And they arent designed very well anyway. I am looking for something similar to a boat/dock cleat. I would love something like that that would fit in the existing holes in the bed. I DO NOT want stake hole tie downs. I have Googled this until I am tired of it, but I cant find anything. Does anyone know if and where there is anything like this. Thanks in advance.
Why not use a boat cleat? They come in all shapes and sizes. That plus a backing plate with stainless bolts and you should be good to go.

Old 08-17-2007 | 12:41 AM
smv
That's what I would do. Take one of your tie down points off and go to a boat

store and find a boat cleat where the holes match up. Grab you some stainless screws to hold them and you're good to go.

Steve

Quick Reply: Tie-down cleats/anchorpoints for '06 F150?????