PIAA's behind billet overlay grill???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007 | 10:10 AM
|
Question PIAA's behind billet overlay grill???

Anyone have fog/driving lights behind a billet overlay grill cover that bolts over the stock honeycomb one???? I like this idea of putting the lights there, but wonder if the light output is still good enough behind the billet grill that bolts to the stock honeycomb one. I have searched and most I have seen done were just behind a stock grill. Any info on this would be great.

Old 10-28-2007 | 06:37 PM
People that have done the fog's behind the grille say it already dispersses the light. With a billet overlay and the honeycomb I would think the light output would be pretty bad.

Old 10-28-2007 | 07:15 PM
sorry i dont know anything about the lights. but im just curious, reinhardt did you happen to be a tech. teacher?

Old 10-28-2007 | 07:41 PM
|
I have read that it disperses the light as well, but have seen some pics and it doesn't seem too bad with just the stock grill. However with the overlay as well I also think light output would be pretty bad. Something not really to practical if you really want to use the lights as intended.

No, T-Rev, I am not a tech. teacher but I do work in the heavy marine construction business. I am a AWS, NYS, and NYC certified welder. I fabricate and build things all the time. Kind of like junkyard wars all day long working on diesel, hydraulic, and air impact hammers and vibratory hammers. Not to mention cranes and other equipment as well. Most of the time I work on barges on the water.

Last edited by Reinhardt003; 11-06-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-06-2007 | 09:31 PM
well i have a pair of fog lights that i got just the cheap pairs they sell at autopart stores for 20 bucks only are 55watt bulbs i changed them to 100 watt bulbs for each light and i have a 01 150 king ranch with the stock grill and they dont do a whole lot with your headlights on you can barely tell they are even on turn your headlights off and it gives you a little bit of light, but i have a tinted windshiled so they maybe why even my bright headlights dont seem like much and i have silverstars brand new but with my headlights stock fog lights and my 3 pairs of extra fog lights i have one pair in the grill and 2 pair in the bumper the bumper has 4 empty slots bout 4 inches wide so i put lights in it so i have total 6 add fog lights which are 600 watts changed all the bulbs to 100watts plus my stock foglights and headllights it takes all i can do to see bc of the windshiled but people all the time flash me with all that one lol its about 900watts of light when on low beams and all fogs on with high beams on its about 1k watts crazy huh lol seems like overkill but with my windshiled its hard to see i can see tops with all that and on highbeams maybe 75feet when its raining really hard about 50feet tops but its nice to have a tinted windshiled when people have their brights on or during the day cant see in my truck for nothing lol
wow that was long oh well

Quick Reply: PIAA's behind billet overlay grill???