WMS Velocity Tube

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2001 | 06:31 PM
|
Post WMS Velocity Tube

I just talked to WMS after hearing of the concerns with FIPKs freezeing up in the winter. My local Canadian Tire Autoparts guy put me onto this problem because his 5.0 mustang froze up after an unexpected snow storm this year. His ride is cherry and he never drives it in the winter, but last year he was caugh unexpectedly by a snowstorm and went out to his car to go home. The filter was frozen and he said it ran like a Chev all the way home . Anyways after this I was not going to buy anything at all until I looked into the WMS volcity Tube and called their tech guys. Great knowledgable staff and fast response.

Also I mentioned my concerns about the fit and finish of their products. He said they were building the model to 96 4.6 engine specs and Ford changed a few thing near the Throttle Body for the 98s which they had not realized. After many conmlaints they borrowed 3 trucks a 96 reg cab short bed, a 98 regular cab long bed and an 01 expedition (4x4, 5.4). They found that the 98 and expy had been edited. They then completely redesigned the intake and now it seems to work well. Shaved 4 thenths off the 96 and 3 tenths off the expy (running in 4 wheel drive). I am sold buying one from them tomorrow.

They also explained their lack of dyno results as no one is Calgary has a dyno the will shift an automatic tranny correctly.

So there you have it. I am happy to get a more streamlined intake without the worries of freezing or hot air. I would have gladly taken an Airforce one or a K&N but now I think I will take the Velocity tube and peace of mind.

Check them out at
http://www.wmsracing.com

Hope this helps
Jimmar

------------------
2001.5 SuperCrew XLT 4X4
Silver Clearcoat Metallic
Deep Wedgewood Blue (accent)
5.4L V8
Chrome Tubular Step Bars (Ford)
Captains Chairs
Power Moonroof
3.55 LS
6750 GVWR
Class III Towing Pkg

Mods:
Harley Davidson Exhaust
'01 Lightning Head/Tail Lamps
Pioneer DEH-9200r
Boston Acoustic Components & 5X7s
Box Liner (Ford)
Splashguards (Ford)
Bug Defector Doubles as Rock and Sand/Salt Deflector in these snowy Canadian winters

To Come:
17" Rims/Tires
K&N Air Filter

[This message has been edited by Jimmar (edited 04-25-2001).]

Old 04-25-2001 | 07:25 PM
Thumbs down

I have the WMS tube and am happy with it. I have been to the WMS shop and had them work on my truck. They definitely know their stuff although their real expertise is in Mustangs.

However, I'm not buying the line about no one in Calgary having a dyno that can handle an automatic - Dale Adams has one that I know of and there are probably others as well.

Ian

------------------
99 Expedition EB
5.4l, 4x4, 4.10 LS
WMS Tube, Bassani Cat Back Exhaust, Superchip Flipchip

Old 04-26-2001 | 09:21 AM
Wink

Hey Ian!

I am also running a WMS tube and like the product. It seems to be doing what bit was designed for (BIG AIR).

What problems have you been running into with the WMS tube...maybe you are seeing something that we just have not been able to see or hear?

I thought it was a good piece of equipment...

Old 05-18-2001 | 12:23 AM
I got my WMS tube and exhaust system from them and if (when) I get a Magnacharger, I might get them to put it on .

Dale Adams Dyno Tune on Macleod Tr. has a dyno - they do good work, too.

You also might want to check out the Performance Exhaust Centre (across the street from WMS) and Modern Motors 4x4.

BTW, I run premium because of my Superchip - using the 87 octane setting is too depressing!

Ian

------------------
99 Expedition EB
5.4l, 4x4, 4.10 LS
WMS Tube, Bassani Cat Back Exhaust, Superchip Flipchip, PIAA Superwhites

[This message has been edited by Ian N (edited 05-18-2001).]

Old 05-18-2001 | 12:35 AM
Better late then never I guess! It's just to cool to know other people on here that live in Calgary.

Jimmar, the WMS tube in a great product. I had very little problems installing except for the fact that you have to take your time to accurately place the spacer between the TB and the collar that's given for a complete seal.

Ian, WMS also specializes in Cobra kit cars, which I've seen them working on in the shop. The last time I was in there, they were installing a Magnacharger blower on a Harley Davidson F-150, which was really cool. So what all have you got done by WMS anyways? I was thinking of getting them to install there performance exhaust system on my truck, but I'm undecided. And what shop is Dale Adams from?

Hey 2001, still filling your truck with premium? Gas just went up another 3 cents today. Premiums around like $0.85/litre now!

------------------
~'98 F-150 XLT Reg. Cab Flareside 4x4, Black, 5.4L, 3.55LS, tow package, 285/75/r16 Mud Terrain BFG's,K&N,WMS Velocity Tube, GTS headlight covers, Alpine changer w/FM mod, Clifford alarm system w/keyless entry & starter disable // Future considerations: Bed mat, tonneau cover, 4" suspension lift or 3" body lift.

~'71 F-100 Sport Custom Reg.Cab
-390FE w/Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, 780cfm Holley, ported & polished cylinder heads,
Hydraulic Crane Cam, 10.5:1 CR, Black Jack headers, true double roller timing chain, and high volume oil pump
-C6 transmision w/B&M 2600rpm stall
-9" Ford Rearend w/4.10 Richmond Gears & 31 spline axles
-215/65/r15 Yokohama's for the front & 28"x13.5"x15" Mickey Thompson ET Street slicks for the back, mounted on Centerline Auto Drag Lite II rims
Best 1/4 mile time @ 3500ft altitude 14.69secs @ 92mph

~2000 Suzuki RM125 Dirt Bike
-no need for any modifications! (yet)

~2001 Traxxas T-Maxx Nitro Monster Truck
Modifications: -180degree carb flip w/return spring installed

Old 06-04-2001 | 10:18 AM
Ian, do you mean Unlimited Performance, which is across from WMS? I've bought quite a bit of parts from them for my old truck. There sure isn't many good performance shops that I haven't had problems with. I paid $100 for Unlimited to rebushing my Holley baseplate, and it leaks like a siv! I can even use it. And my brother had his 2.3L head rebuilt by WMS, and they gave it back to him with a hole bunch of missing parts.

------------------
~'98 F-150 XLT Reg. Cab Flareside 4x4, Black, 5.4L, 3.55LS, tow package, 285/75/r16 Mud Terrain BFG's,K&N,WMS Velocity Tube, GTS headlight covers, Alpine changer w/FM mod, Clifford alarm system w/keyless entry & starter disable // Future considerations: Bed mat, tonneau cover, 4" suspension lift or 3" body lift.

~'71 F-100 Sport Custom Reg.Cab
-390FE w/Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, 780cfm Holley, ported & polished cylinder heads,
Hydraulic Crane Cam, 10.5:1 CR, Black Jack headers, true double roller timing chain, and high volume oil pump
-C6 transmision w/B&M 2600rpm stall
-9" Ford Rearend w/4.10 Richmond Gears & 31 spline axles
-215/65/r15 Yokohama's for the front & 28"x13.5"x15" Mickey Thompson ET Street slicks for the back, mounted on Centerline Auto Drag Lite II rims
Best 1/4 mile time @ 3500ft altitude 14.69secs @ 92mph

~2000 Suzuki RM125 Dirt Bike
-no need for any modifications! (yet)

~2001 Traxxas T-Maxx Nitro Monster Truck
Modifications: -180degree carb flip w/return spring installed

Quick Reply: WMS Velocity Tube