KarKraft is a ripoff!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2001 | 10:21 PM
|
Post KarKraft is a ripoff!!!!!!

went to the site and looked around
found the new lightning tail lights for $289pr
from the ford house they are $80 a pair and i can get them for $60 a pair
doesnt that come up to a 361.25% markup??
Makes me wonder what they have to pay for the lightning motors before they mark them up for us??? on the same 361% markup it would be around $1500 (we could only wish)

whats the deal?

Old 06-05-2001 | 07:06 AM
Some companies will always make more off of certain things, you just have to shop around to find a good deal. I do the same type of business and we have for example a basketball that you could get from any one else at say $20, they pay $12 thats common. However we can sell the same thing but we have the rights to it and it only costs us $6, no one can sell it without buying from us first. So whoever made the lights could have a copyright and pay the royalties and if anyone else wants to sell it they pay big.

Those lights? Lousy deal. Any new engine complete with a $3500 installed S/C already included for $5,000, outstanding deal.

Old 06-05-2001 | 09:45 AM
F150online
Founder
After visiting SEMA last year, I noticed that there were dozens of companies selling clear lenses of varying prices and quality.

I am not certain, but what you may be seeing is two completely different products, not two different markups.

I know that we have received feedback about the pricing in the online store being higher on these than some places, but the reality is that we are selling the higher quality (and more expensive to begin with) product.

Steve

Old 06-05-2001 | 10:40 PM
|
well it says that it is an actual ford part
they also sell another brand of the lensed for the ford supercrew and such but say it is backordered
the engine was just a joke
and i realise about markup for certain products its just that one is a huge markup

Old 06-07-2001 | 08:26 PM
Thumbs up

They sell the L crated engine for anywhere from $3995 to $5995. I'm sure it depends on what they got that lot for and sell accordingly.

------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
-->Follow Me...<--

Quick Reply: KarKraft is a ripoff!!!!!!