Ram air hood??? Which one???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008 | 11:41 PM
|
Ram air hood??? Which one???

I've searched the forum for hoods and found a lot of pics for the older body style f150's. I'm looking for a new body style hood that is functional. We had a nasty hail storm move thru a few weeks ago and now I want a new hood I'm not a fan of the cowl hoods (those belong on mustangs imo), was thinking of a cervinis ram air 2 hood:

The other thing i was worried about is how the hood would look with my brush guard... looking for any thoughts, ideas, opinions... thanks

Old 08-14-2008 | 08:32 AM
That hood looks tough. I think it would look fine with your brush guard, but personally, I'd take it off

Old 08-14-2008 | 10:17 AM
|
Well... my brush guard has came in handy quite a few times, I slid on ice and bumped a saturn in front of me (torn her bumper to shreads), slid off the road during a snow storm into a chain link fence, hit 3 deer, a turkey and I've lost count on the # of other birds... and every single time, my brush guard saved the front of my truck So i kinda want to keep it on there cause it's definitely functional

Old 08-20-2008 | 02:19 AM
APM Automotive is what I have

here is the link for the company i have mine through. Very nice quality, have had it on for 3 years. They use the same Machine that Ford uses to manufacture their's so fit is exactly perfect, no need to cut or sand. They factory matched the pain too to match my "Screaming Yellow" factory paint. Also, they sell for a few hundred more, a matching intake kit unlike any other. It utilizes the Ram-Air port, and positions a 16"x8" filter with housing directly under the port. Mine total shipped and painted was about $1100.00 if i remember correctly. You pay for the quality, others i have heard need modded for fitting, these are direct drop in replacements. Took no longer than 10-15 minutes to swap BY MYSELF!!
http://www.apmautomotive.com/hoods/ford/04-05_f-150.htm

Last edited by FastAZZ5pt4; 08-20-2008 at 02:22 AM. Reason: forgot link

Quick Reply: Ram air hood??? Which one???