Looking to get a set of ud pulleys and e-fans

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008 | 02:05 PM
|
Looking to get a set of ud pulleys and e-fans

I have a lightly modded 04 5.4 crew 4x4. K&N CAI, magnaflow dual exit in front of rear tire and gryphon. Looking to get a set of e-fans and under-drive pulleys. Has anyone had any good experiences with any particular brand or even bad experiences. How much do they really help with MPG and HP. Also are troyers fans and pulleys any good.
Thanks,
Brian

Old 09-10-2008 | 11:14 PM
i have a flex a lite set fal270 kit that i took off my truck and it was only up there for a few weeks. would let it go for 350 or make a reasonable offer. worked great just did a few changes and the fans were one of them. worked great and are just like new i know they cant have over 20 hours on them at the complete max lol

Old 09-11-2008 | 04:23 AM
i have asp pulleys and they are great. got them off ebay for $100 and the hp was noticable. cant tell you what kind of mpg's i got from them.

i bought a DC controller for just over $100 and i got a couple 16" fans off ebay for just over $70

so for a grand total of less then $300 i picked up a very noticable amount of power.

Old 09-11-2008 | 07:12 AM
Truck of the Month
I ran MAC underdrive pulleys for a couple years and I enjoyed the throttle response.

I had to take them off to add the supercharger

Old 09-11-2008 | 08:19 AM
|
Isn't asp what troyer's pulleys are.

Old 09-11-2008 | 09:06 AM
Global Moderator &
i made my own efan kit for about 1/3 the price of troyers kits

Old 09-11-2008 | 06:25 PM
tarajerame, why did you have to pull the ud pulleys off when installing the s/c? I have looked around the forums and still haven't found an answer to it yet.

In your opinion, are the pulleys worth installing now - even if I plan on adding a s/c down the road (say 1-2 years from now, maybe sooner)? I know it's a cheaper mod to do for better throttle response (loose change compared to a blower), but didn't know if it's worth the trouble changing them twice.

And as far as the e-fans, are they simply removing a load from the pulleys, or is the cooling effect that much greater, etc.? I haven't paid that much attention to the fan when I bought it, but I swore it was electric already and not belt driven...? Thanks for the input...

Old 09-11-2008 | 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by NTXRockr
tarajerame, why did you have to pull the ud pulleys off when installing the s/c? I have looked around the forums and still haven't found an answer to it yet.

In your opinion, are the pulleys worth installing now - even if I plan on adding a s/c down the road (say 1-2 years from now, maybe sooner)? I know it's a cheaper mod to do for better throttle response (loose change compared to a blower), but didn't know if it's worth the trouble changing them twice.

And as far as the e-fans, are they simply removing a load from the pulleys, or is the cooling effect that much greater, etc.? I haven't paid that much attention to the fan when I bought it, but I swore it was electric already and not belt driven...? Thanks for the input...
the reason he had to remove the UD pullies when going with a blower is because the blower runs off the same belt as all the other accessories. UD pulleys slow down the speed of the belt. if the belt is spinning slower, it spins the blower slower which means less boost.

efans do the same as UD pulleys, they just remove parasitic hp loss caused by the motor's accessories. if your truck is 06 or newer you will have an electric clutch on your fan but its stick mechanically driven and not electric

Old 09-15-2008 | 04:55 PM
are asp pullies the piggy back style or do they have an integral dampner? for $100 bucks i'm guessing they're piggy back.

Old 09-15-2008 | 06:41 PM
|
They have the integrated dampener on them. I have not seen them for that cheap.

Quick Reply: Looking to get a set of ud pulleys and e-fans