HHO kits? anyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is snake oil...do your own research people. This was huge when gas was high as people would do anything to not pay as much for gas. I would never run one of these "systems" on my truck. The introduction of extra hydrogen and possibly water? I don't buy it. I know when I had my ranger (when gas was high) HHO questions were as common as "how big of a tire can I fit".

Old 03-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by yetti96
It is snake oil...do your own research people. This was huge when gas was high as people would do anything to not pay as much for gas. I would never run one of these "systems" on my truck. The introduction of extra hydrogen and possibly water? I don't buy it. I know when I had my ranger (when gas was high) HHO questions were as common as "how big of a tire can I fit".
you don't buy it why? 'cause you've seen it tried, tested and failed or because you follow everyone else on the internet that simply says "it doesn't work 'cause i dont beleive it can work"

sorry i've seen for my own eyes that it DOES work

Old 03-12-2009, 06:54 PM
If anybody tries this on a 04-08 please post info. i wanna do it but im worried about warranty issues.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 PM
it actually does work but you have to build it just right and you have to find a way to lean out your engine to save on fuel, the reason it will rust out your exhast more is because after the HHO gas is burnt it turns back into water and condensation will build up in your exhast aand you know when you leave metal out in the rain for too long, actually i saw on discovery channel and on youtube some guy made a HHO cutting torch just fill with water and plug it in and the flame is hot enough ON METAL to cut through it, but he held the same flame to his hand and it ws not that hot, his hand just started dripping water, check it out it's cool.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Hh ooooooooo

This is Penguin86's brother, and I am the one who installed the HHO kit.
4play2008 is pretty much correct on everything he is saying.
It will rust out your exhaust, unless you have a stainless steal exhaust.
BTW with the money you will save after installing HHO you will easily be able to afford a new stainless steal exhaust which will provide a performance upgrade and possibly even more efficiency.

You do have to adjust the fuel mixture if the vehicles combustion cycle will not do the adjusting for you. Carbuerators get the most out of this system.
HHO works on simple principles of physics. You engine produces alot more energy than is used, hence why your battery dosn't drain dead every time you turn the key. All this is, is putting a current through water electrolyte solution to get the water to turn into a gas, one H another H and an O. That gas burns in your engine. It burns clean. and it is Cheap.

If you have a computer that adjusts your air fuel mixture using 02 censors and all that jaz, common sense, you are going to have to adjust the mixture. If you just install it in a system ran by computer your going to experience negative results, loss of power, more fuel being used instead of less.

And if you only experiencing a 20% increase in MPG increase its because your using more gas than HHO. The idea is to start the engine electricity (your battery turns a little motor called your starter, stay with me here.) then that cranks your pistons they go into a little four stroke cycle, spark and bamn your off and running okay no more need for that starter to stay engaged now your running on just gasoline. *(or diesel) engine turns round and round and spins that belt right! it turns a small thingy with a magnet and a bunch of copper! that shiz produces electricy which goes all through your vehicle WEIRD. look now your engine is a power plant. run some of that extra juice about 2-5 amps through a simple heat tempered glass container ( MASON JAR ) with its coils and what nots. makes that gas HHO. HHO goes to the engine VIA a vacume line and gets burned in the engine. Now the engine is burning this stuff too. It shouldnt need to burn as much gas then TADDA! now more fuel economy.

HHO works, its not BS, much like any sytem it can get as simple as a MASON jar or as complicated as a several thousand dollar system which will do about the same as a freakin mason jar.

Right now I getting about 35 miles stop and go driving. My system is running a little hotter than it should because I am producing more HHO than I should be right now. When I adjust it, I will get less MPG but my engine will not be running so hot.

I dont have fancy meters or gages so I make it simple. This is how I check my MPG.
1. Fill up tank.
2. Drive and record mileage.
3. Fill tank back up and Record how much went in.
Ex. My sister and I took simlar trip on full tanks. She put 4 and a half gallons in her tank about 14 MPG cause she went about 56 miles.
I drove in the country before taking the trip and put twenty miles on the truck then several more miles on FULL tank. My trip meter said 83. something miles driven. I put 2 Gallons in my truck to fill it up. TWO GALLONS. 83 MILES on TWO GALLONS.

My 1996 Ford F150 is now a Hybrid.

O and most ppl only report 20% increased fuel economy with these little things because They dont produce enough HHO for their Engine. If you got six cylinder with low HP you will probably be fine with 1 cell. *(1 jar)* If you got a 300+ HP engine with HUGE tires and and exhaust that is so loud you get pulled over for it. Your going to need to produce allot more HHO.

The guy who got a patent for this thing and is the guy you will find with the torch used a far more complicated system to run his car completely on water.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Penguin86
you don't buy it why? 'cause you've seen it tried, tested and failed or because you follow everyone else on the internet that simply says "it doesn't work 'cause i dont beleive it can work"

sorry i've seen for my own eyes that it DOES work
You've advertised a 2-3x increase in fuel efficiency without any apparent trade-offs.

That raises the BS flag.

Of course, keep this going and win this guy's contest and I take that back...as in there are such things as a free lunch.

http://aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml

Getting a patent means nothing.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:16 PM
sorry you don't believe it.

This was my brother's thing and I didn't believe it would work either..until he installed it and drove the truck and it did.

this is exactly why i didnt start a thread about HHO..i don't want to sit and argue back and forth with people about it. but people who are genuinely interested asked questions so i thought i'd share. I know people on this board aren't going to believe in HHO or anythign similar, to most of the people on here it's just "hippy liberal BS" so whatever.

there's really no way I can prove that it does work except sharing how many miles are driven and how much gas was used.

I have nothing to gain by saying HHO works. I could care less if anyone else tries it out, if you want to fine, if not then that's fine too. I'm just sharing my experience with it. Trust me if it really doesn't work or it harms the vehicle i'll be the first to let ya know.

We installed one in my truck today so i'll see how that goes. Honestly i'm still spetical of it too and if anything goes wrong my brother is going to be footing the bill.

Last edited by Penguin86; 03-14-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:48 PM
It would be interesting if the guys at PHP would look in to this. I would think that they would be able to tune the Gryphon to lean up the gas for everyone with the newer pickups. If they could come up with a standard operation for this type of mod, and see what it would do over the long run, I think that would help a lot.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:12 PM
okay well we installed one into my truck today. no info on MPG 'cause i don't have the money to fill up the tank and test it out just yet so i'll let ya know when i do..

but here are some pics

just the canister, securing it

my bro tinkerin with sumtin

tying into a suction line(don't ask me what exactly)

everything hooked up and running

Old 03-15-2009, 10:01 AM
so what happens if you let this thing run out of water and continue to drive on it?

Subscribing for further info

Old 03-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Subscribing also.....I would assume that you would have to hook up some kind gauge to monitor the water level. If you run out of water it may cause the engine to run to lean? This could some major damage I would think. Too bad we couldnt program the computer to compensate after the water level drops off.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:55 AM
good question, one i have myself lol i'll ask my brother when he wakes up.

one canister of water will last anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 miles depending on how much you're burning.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Ive een some kits people have installed where they had a big 50L tank in there trunk with an electric pump and underthe hood there is something simmular to what u would find in your toilet tank so when the water level drops it fills automaticallyand that would probably last u all year. but i would think this kit would only work in places that are above freezing all year, the reason this ide never really took off i think is because here it gets -42 and i dont think the HHO system would work verry good in those conditions unless you run heater hose through the water tanks to keep them thawed.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Ok so the kit penguin got is from this guy off ebay, and he sells what he calls a starter kit and add on cells. with only one if these cells on a v8 i understand your not going to get the all the advantages of running HHO, so your gonna have to run a few cells together to get the bang for your buck. my question is rather than ordering 4-6 of these cell and trying to fit them under te hood somewhere (not to mention its not gonna look so great) would i be able to make one larger cell the an produce the proper amount of hydrogen for the 5.4 triton, while sitll getting the to pull under 7amps of power. This way i dont have a bunch of mason jars under my hood.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by 31 YNOT
so what happens if you let this thing run out of water and continue to drive on it?

Subscribing for further info
If you run out of water there are two things you can do. You can install a toggle switch for the system to turn off the power to it so it dosnt run completely dry. Or you can just let it run dry. When the water gets below the wires the electricity stops and so does the process. The MASON JAR has a bubbler valve on the cap that will allow the vacume process to continue, your engine will stop running the HHO and revert back to however you had it before.

No damage has ever been cause by these systems. Its hard to think what kind of DAMAGE a properly installed can of water could do to a truck. If the jar breaks, the water spills on the ground and you have to clean up a mess, but the wires wont have water to push electicity through and wont do anything.

Quick Reply: HHO kits? anyone