HHO kits? anyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4play2008
Ive een some kits people have installed where they had a big 50L tank in there trunk with an electric pump and underthe hood there is something simmular to what u would find in your toilet tank so when the water level drops it fills automaticallyand that would probably last u all year. but i would think this kit would only work in places that are above freezing all year, the reason this ide never really took off i think is because here it gets -42 and i dont think the HHO system would work verry good in those conditions unless you run heater hose through the water tanks to keep them thawed.

If your in freezing conditions You add a certain amount of HEET, you can find at any marine store and even WALMART. Im not sure the amount per water but its in my instructions somewhere.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by 05Bluefx4
Subscribing also.....I would assume that you would have to hook up some kind gauge to monitor the water level. If you run out of water it may cause the engine to run to lean? This could some major damage I would think. Too bad we couldnt program the computer to compensate after the water level drops off.

Hooking up HHO there is no one singular way to do it. I got a ridiculous increase in my vehicle because it is a low horse power six cylinder and I was producing WAY WAY too much HHO. My engine was running a little Hot never overheated. Running an engine lean refers to fuel not gasoline. Adding HHO will allow you to back off on how much gas is used in your combustion chamber. HHO is a fuel, think of it as a fuel addative. Your engine is capably of burning lots of gasses in lots of different ways.

HHO can get as complicated as you want. If you wanted to you could run a vehicle completely on water. It is possible but would require alot of time and a bit of money.

To make sure that I asnwered your question.

If you run out of water it may cause the engine to run to lean?

No, your engine will have less HHO fuel comming into the combustion chamber and it will compensate unless you have it computer controlled not too. And if your going to computer controll it then you had best put in a Meter to check the level of your water.

Though really its not needed. Just every time you fill up with Gasoline fill up with water and you will never run out.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by AlfredB18
You've advertised a 2-3x increase in fuel efficiency without any apparent trade-offs.

That raises the BS flag.

Of course, keep this going and win this guy's contest and I take that back...as in there are such things as a free lunch.

http://aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml

Getting a patent means nothing.
The 2-3x increase is what had us all questioning what is going on right now. I am not getting the 40 MPG anymore because I have properly adjusted my little jar. That 2-3x was exciting but in long term could have been unhealthy for my engine.

The funny thing about that link you posted is that, that guy is actually a SCAMMER. LOL he takes a 5k dollar entry fee from the ppl that want to enter his contest LOL F that. Promised them a million dollars. Read on and you will notice that his so called backers have pulled their support. In other words. He was probably just taking peoples entry fees (if any was dumb enough to do it) and skipping town so to speak.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by boneyzhcivic
Ok so the kit penguin got is from this guy off ebay, and he sells what he calls a starter kit and add on cells. with only one if these cells on a v8 i understand your not going to get the all the advantages of running HHO, so your gonna have to run a few cells together to get the bang for your buck. my question is rather than ordering 4-6 of these cell and trying to fit them under te hood somewhere (not to mention its not gonna look so great) would i be able to make one larger cell the an produce the proper amount of hydrogen for the 5.4 triton, while sitll getting the to pull under 7amps of power. This way i dont have a bunch of mason jars under my hood.

The "jars" can be located anywhere. They dont have to be jars, that was just a simple way of doing it. You know how you can put a tool box int the back of your truck? you could fit a pack of jars easily in one of those,

If your going to do it on a V8 or anything past a 2004 your going to want to do alot more research. Unlike other ppl on here im not going to post any links or any sites where you can buy it etc. I dont want anyone thinking im working for somebody. this is just something we have decided to get into and it looks like it is working. This thread was premeture, I wanted to do a TON more testing before we posted about this but my sister just wanted to share the info see what other people though.

as far as running a system on your 5.4 liter V8 Triton its important that you have a goal in mind. Do you want a few more MPG to ease the load on the wallet? or do You want to do a complete transformation to water? Probably like most, somwhere in between. Enough of an increase that the addition pays for itself quickly. A six pack is usually what ppl use for a V8.

and as Far as it not looking great you can get a water tight battery box for a boat and stuff the things in their and style that box up with flames LED's or freaking lazers if you want. Glue some trolls to the box if thats what your into LOL.

Last edited by Penguin86; 03-15-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Messy edited it.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:29 PM
but it was said you need to run a different tune for the HHO system as well, so if runs dry you would need something to swap your tune as well or the motor would not be running on the correct A/F ratio is that right?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by 31 YNOT
but it was said you need to run a different tune for the HHO system as well, so if runs dry you would need something to swap your tune as well or the motor would not be running on the correct A/F ratio is that right?
just return the truck to stock, it takes what... 2 min?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:54 PM
okkk, my question is how hard and how to install these things, also what brand is the best out there.

Would it work for a 2001 5.4L supercrew 2wd with a edge and cold air intake and how much gas mileage extra would i see, and would i loose any power.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by 31 YNOT
You do not "Need" to run a tune for all systems, you will get the greatest benefit from running a tune however. If on the off chance you forget to fill up your system and it is running a tune program, yes you will need to adjust it back. But seriously the water last two to four times the distance you can get on a tank. ex, my Jar will run out of water say after 1k miles. Well On my tanks I am not going to make 1k miles. SO when I fill up gas I fill up water and it will never be an issue. Dont even have to worry about it.

Originally Posted by king ranch
okkk, my question is how hard and how to install these things, also what brand is the best out there.

Would it work for a 2001 5.4L supercrew 2wd with a edge and cold air intake and how much gas mileage extra would i see, and would i loose any power.

There are many different HHO systems out there. There is probably someone in your area that does professional installs on HHO, they may be advertised as "Hydrogen Assist" or Water4Gas systems.

I have never seen a brand type addon for HHO, its just not that mainstream. We installed it in my Sisters Ford Fx4 5.4 Liter V8 Triton. And I will post the preliminary results of our first trip.

The typical results others have report are about 20% - 40% increased with the little Jar canister installs. It depends alot on where you install it, how much electolyte you put in, and most importantly, how many cells you are running, also Your engine size is HUGELY important.

Sisters Results.
F150 FX4 5.4 Liter V8 Triton
Full tank 35.7 Gallons. The trip was 87.8 Miles On Highway and interstate. About 50% of the time at 55 MPH and 50% at 65 MPH.
5.4 Gallons of Gasoline were used to complete the trip with 1 HHO cell operating.

Prieviously She Reported and average fuel economy on here 2004 as 12 MPG, and she was unhappy as it should be Higher according to EPA, however the vehicle is not new which has decreased her fuel efficiency.

87.8 miles on 5.4 Gallons comes to approx 16.25 Miles to the Gallon of Gasoline. An Unoticeable amount of Water was used over the trips Duration.

She has no Tuner and this is the only Mod we have done to her Vehicle.

This is by no means earthshattering results, they are exactly as I had expected for her vehicle.

As far as HP goes, most report a HP gain, the engine runs smoother and slightly quieter.

My sisters is running smoother and seemingly cleaner. HHO is reported to clean Carbon out of your engine rather extensively. She has seen about a 35% Increase from her previous MPG usage, and is so far happy with the results.

We would like to install Tuner to the Vehicle to further increase its efficiency.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=king ranch;3637128]okkk, my question is how hard and how to install these things, also what brand is the best out there.

Easy to install took us maybe like an hour. Requires a bit of knowledge about electricity and a good place to put it. IF you using the jar type. If you have someone else install it, super easy LOL.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Further

Further More, If you are seriously interested about HHO and what it can do for you, Research it. You will be amazed at what people have done with it.

If you are able to produce your own electricity from, like a windmills or other source of free energy. You can actually produce your own HHO and do many other things with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6YYUOx6fBU

The Nay Sayers will quot over and over again the second law of thermodynamics. cant get more energy out of it blassy blah. They are absolutely correct. However, In a vehicle there is tons of wasted energy, an HHO just uses a bit of that energy and creates gass so you can burn it in your engine.

If you can produce your own energy through means such as a windmill, or Sterling engines ETC. You can produce your own gas for free to use it in other applications as well.

Since this is a vehicle forum Very easy, you turn some of the electricity in your vehicle that is not being used, and put it to work to produce you some HHO, then you use that to assist your vehicle.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 AM
hey penguin can we get some pics of you sisters install

Old 03-16-2009, 10:27 AM
I am Penguins brother, I installed it and have made my own username on this forum as not to confuse people, because I was posting on hers.

She will posts some more pics. We didnt wrap it up all nice and pretty we wanted to make sure it did actually work before we put the time and effort to make it look pretty.

YOU NEED TO READ THIS URL IF YOUR INTERESTED IN HHO.

These people got railroaded by the FTC and finally won. WHY? because this stuff works!

http://pesn.com/2009/02/13/9501523_D...s_against_FTC/

Stuff works.

Last edited by IdiotWithAStick; 03-16-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Editted for clearfication
Old 03-16-2009, 10:28 AM
there are pics of my install on page 2 of this thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Penguin86
okay well we installed one into my truck today. no info on MPG 'cause i don't have the money to fill up the tank and test it out just yet so i'll let ya know when i do..

but here are some pics

just the canister, securing it

my bro tinkerin with sumtin

tying into a suction line(don't ask me what exactly)

everything hooked up and running

here

I (penguin86) am the sister. I have an 04 FX4. Idiotwithastick is my brother, he has a 96 f150 xl

Old 03-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Do more research if your interested,

This is the website for the people that beat the FTC in Federal NJ court

http://www.preignitioncc.com/mmhi/

They mark the second case ever the FTC has lost in NJ. That should shut you nay sayers up, If not Oh well, i will be the one cruising around paying much less than you fools when gas prices go back up.

This is the company that you would most likely to go through if you want to get a professional great installation. I just did a DIY jar. BTW the jar paid for itself already.

http://www.preignitioncc.com/mmhi/flashHafcHi.htm

SO simple it will make your head spin.

Last edited by IdiotWithAStick; 03-16-2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Edited because I cant spell and needed to add more.

Quick Reply: HHO kits? anyone