HHO kits? anyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as Warranties "magnoson moss" or Warranty act No after market product can void a warranty unless the manufacturer can prove the after market product caused damage to the engine. Which this stuff will not do, so your warranty is safe.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Penguin86
You do not "Need" to run a tune for all systems, you will get the greatest benefit from running a tune however. If on the off chance you forget to fill up your system and it is running a tune program, yes you will need to adjust it back. But seriously the water last two to four times the distance you can get on a tank. ex, my Jar will run out of water say after 1k miles. Well On my tanks I am not going to make 1k miles. SO when I fill up gas I fill up water and it will never be an issue. Dont even have to worry about it.

There are many different HHO systems out there. There is probably someone in your area that does professional installs on HHO, they may be advertised as "Hydrogen Assist" or Water4Gas systems.

I have never seen a brand type addon for HHO, its just not that mainstream. We installed it in my Sisters Ford Fx4 5.4 Liter V8 Triton. And I will post the preliminary results of our first trip.

The typical results others have report are about 20% - 40% increased with the little Jar canister installs. It depends alot on where you install it, how much electolyte you put in, and most importantly, how many cells you are running, also Your engine size is HUGELY important.

Sisters Results.
F150 FX4 5.4 Liter V8 Triton
Full tank 35.7 Gallons. The trip was 87.8 Miles On Highway and interstate. About 50% of the time at 55 MPH and 50% at 65 MPH.
5.4 Gallons of Gasoline were used to complete the trip with 1 HHO cell operating.

Prieviously She Reported and average fuel economy on here 2004 as 12 MPG, and she was unhappy as it should be Higher according to EPA, however the vehicle is not new which has decreased her fuel efficiency.

87.8 miles on 5.4 Gallons comes to approx 16.25 Miles to the Gallon of Gasoline. An Unoticeable amount of Water was used over the trips Duration.

She has no Tuner and this is the only Mod we have done to her Vehicle.

This is by no means earthshattering results, they are exactly as I had expected for her vehicle.

As far as HP goes, most report a HP gain, the engine runs smoother and slightly quieter.

My sisters is running smoother and seemingly cleaner. HHO is reported to clean Carbon out of your engine rather extensively. She has seen about a 35% Increase from her previous MPG usage, and is so far happy with the results.

We would like to install Tuner to the Vehicle to further increase its efficiency.
something is wrong i would say, because last time i did 70mph i was getting around 19mpg and at 65 was getting around 20 and 60 21mpg with just edge level 2 and CAI, if thats all you are getting using that system whats the point

Old 03-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by king ranch
something is wrong i would say, because last time i did 70mph i was getting around 19mpg and at 65 was getting around 20 and 60 21mpg with just edge level 2 and CAI, if thats all you are getting using that system whats the point
The point is, we dont have the edge, The FX4 was getting 12 now its getting 16. 16 is greater than 12. If we had a tuner we would get more than 20. Get it? more, like not less but more?

Its an increase in MPG for our system which saves us money.

If you did something similar you would get more than 20.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Maybe a few dozen tanks averaged out would be more believable. Only burning a few gallons and driving really easy can net great figures without any HHO. Do you have any excel data sheets to show a few thousand miles of this testing?

Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by yetti96
Maybe a few dozen tanks averaged out would be more believable. Only burning a few gallons and driving really easy can net great figures without any HHO. Do you have any excel data sheets to show a few thousand miles of this testing?
like we said, these are preliminary results. with more driving we will report more findings. Mine was just installed 2 days ago and we only did one semi-long trip to see if we got better MPG.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Penguin86
like we said, these are preliminary results. with more driving we will report more findings. Mine was just installed 2 days ago and we only did one semi-long trip to see if we got better MPG.
The result will be interesting to see.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by yetti96
A few thousand miles and excel? good god man we arent scientists with grants here! We are just a couple of kids trying to improve our vehicles inexpensively. 50 bucks we spent on these thats it. If it doesnt work woopty do! My windmill works and people even said that wouldnt work.

They "seem" to be working fine. I dunno maybe they are crap, i will let you know in a few weeks. We are going to take pics record mileage and fuel used etc. to see how much we are getting. Wont be perfect but if it is worth a darn it should show up.

If they do work, they will pay for themselves in three tanks. from what people say they get off a tuner it pays for itself in something like a year?

Even though I am hoping this stuff works. I wish I had just bought my sis a tuner for her FX4 they are way cooler and I love electronics. Also the tuner is really pretty.

We did a simple Orange test people real down and dirty. The tuner looks to get more than our HHO for her big FX4. But this started because I couldnt get a Tuner for my 1996 from what I could find.

We will let you guys know for reals if this stuff is worth it. Like I said, personally I am getting my Sis that Tuner, She does alot of driving for me, it will save us both a ton.

Last edited by IdiotWithAStick; 03-16-2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: wrong info.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:33 PM
You guys with the older F-150's can really put your dual tanks to use. Use one for fuel and one for water, then use the bed of the truck to hide or "store" the cells. The only thing is getting both tanks to work simultaneously.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Old 03-16-2009, 11:34 PM
The best information I have been able to find on HHO is on http://hhoinfo.ning.com/

videos pictures and stuff of real people not just tons of forums posts.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:35 PM
So you're saying that small little jar produces enough hydrogen to get a 5.4L engine to almost double it's mileage? Which would make your a/f what.....28:1? How did you tune it to this?

I've made an HHO for a 4 banging s10 and with 2 jars with 10 plates in each I only saw a slight improvement. Theres no way a single jar with a couple plates in it can make a 5,000 lb V8 get 35 mpg.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by TritonTime
So you're saying that small little jar produces enough hydrogen to get a 5.4L engine to almost double it's mileage? Which would make your a/f what.....28:1? How did you tune it to this?

I've made an HHO for a 4 banging s10 and with 2 jars with 10 plates in each I only saw a slight improvement. Theres no way a single jar with a couple plates in it can make a 5,000 lb V8 get 35 mpg.
no thats not what we said at all, with our big v8 engines you won't get nearly as good of results
my truck didn't get 35 MG, his truck did and it's a 96 f150..i think it's got a v6 in it but i dunno.

so to keep it straight..I have an 04 FX4 and got 16mpg with HHO as opposed to 12 i was getting beter. My brother(idiotwithastick) has a 96f150 and is getting around 35mpg but i dont know what he was getting before

Last edited by Penguin86; 03-18-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:19 PM
So what are you using to lean out the fuel consumption? When hydrogen is introduced to an engine it will actully make it run richer, therefore using more gas. I bet that cell ur running probably only makes maybe .3 liters of HHO PER MINUTE....on a 5.4L engine it would almsot have to take around 1 L of hydrogen gas a minute (in theory) to even make the slightest difference....something just isn't adding up.

Regardless of what yo do to lean it out, the cell won't reach it's full potential until after it has warmed up so what is one to do on 25 degree start ups when the engine is running lean and no Hydro is being introduced to the mixture?

BTW: my 4.6L 2008 averages 18-19 mixed driving. If you were averaging 12 then maybe a simple tune-up would've weilded the same results.

Last edited by TritonTime; 03-18-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:00 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Turning a jelly jar with water into fuel; sounds like snake oil.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by IdiotWithAStick
, you turn some of the electricity in your vehicle that is not being used, and put it to work to produce you some HHO, then you use that to assist your vehicle.
What electricity is not being used??

Quick Reply: HHO kits? anyone