Code Alarm Fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010 | 06:35 PM
|
Code Alarm Fix

Hello: Just a FYI if your are having issues with your Code Alarm Key Fob.....the first thing everbody should check is ..to change Battery.....if it that doesnt seem to work remove back cover again...push circuit board out by pushing on a button...take rubber buttons off circuit board...you will now see 2 or 4 little red buttons. With a toothpick press these buttons you should hear and feel a "click". I found two of my buttons sticking(unlock & start)....if a sticky button is found carefully pry off the metal retainer holding the red button in place, I used a screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit. Be careful when you remove retainer..the button has a concave metal disc underneath it...clean button..use pencil eraser on metal disc. Replace metal disc making sure it is "crown" side up...place red button back in retainer with bigger "nipple" in retainer hole...and reattach retainer...repeat on other buttons if you want.. reassemble and test....my fob works like it did new....even if the Buttons have worn a bit....hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Code Alarm Fix