The Gotts Mod is #1

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010 | 06:43 PM
|
The Gotts Mod is #1

I'm posting this thread just to add to the hundreds about how good this mod actually is.

Not many people are "auto savy"..... and that really sucks for them.

Tinkering and tweaking your vehicle is a great hobby, especially when you have an eye for great ways to improve an already tried and tested system.

Whoever invented this modification (Gotts2bme I think...) had his eye open.

For a measly $10-$20 you can improve the Intake system on most 4.6 or 5.4 ford V8's in F-150 models in the year range of 97-03.

I have Gotts Modded my Intake. And i have no complaints.

I have a FIPK by K&N, which I "wouldn't" have, if I had discovered The simple "Gotts Mod" first.

After running both systems, I'm back to stock with the modded airbox. I was getting sick of the loud motor, and cleaning the sand and salt off my filter every 2 weeks. (I'm Picky)

I find that there isn't much difference between the two systems. For everyday use, the stock intake modded is the way to go. but if your on paved roads, going highways speeds, the CAI may be for you.

ALL IN ALL Anyone wanting a CAI should ABSOLUTLY try the GOTTS MOD first.

When combined with the silencer removal, You have a stock CAI. It will growl like any CAI, or close enough.

I think i've got about 30 more trucks to add to the list of Gotts Modders.

Including 2 of my best friends and my father in law...who works where they make PVC pipe....lol

Anyways, I'm a LRG supporter of this mod. The truck should come like this. But i did notice a slight noise increase, i think this is why such a small tube is used........I think...

Old 03-18-2010 | 09:53 AM
Yeah man, it's a great mod. I did mine last year and with a high flow filter in there, the stock airbox works just fine. I noticed an improvement for sure! My 4.6 needed a little boost to push a big and heavy truck with 33's and 3.55 gears, and this definitely assisted. Great mod and fun to do too.

Where are you in Ontario?

Old 03-18-2010 | 11:46 AM
Truck of the Month
Yep....looking back I wish I had seen it before I bought my CAI. Granted, I love the sound, but that alone isn't worth the price I paid.

Old 03-18-2010 | 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by mblouir
Yep....looking back I wish I had seen it before I bought my CAI. Granted, I love the sound, but that alone isn't worth the price I paid.

:beers

Old 03-18-2010 | 12:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I DID MY OWN "Gotts mod" before I even knew there was one! One of the first mods I did along with the K&N filter.

I've since removed the silencer assembly, as well. (And gained a COOL EXHAUST TIP in the process!)

Andy

Last edited by OhioLariat; 03-18-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2010 | 03:03 PM
|
Originally Posted by SkyBound85
Where are you in Ontario?
Huntsville.

In Muskoka.

Old 03-18-2010 | 03:23 PM
Its not just for the 4.6 and 5.4

Ive got the 4.2 V6 and it works just as well! BTW there is no silencer in the NBS V6 engines

Quick Reply: The Gotts Mod is #1