performance plugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Thanks Guys, that helped me out so so much!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:37 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BigCountry5387
They were just having a little fun at your expense due to all of what you are calling upgrades are either very questionable or worthless. The intake is one that provides questionable results, and there is a near free mod that does just as well. The throttle body spacer does nothing for a fuel injected engine. The modular engines need to run warm, at 192 to 210 for optimum performance, so the thermostat probably hurts you. It may even cause a failure to pass emissions. Use the search feature and enter each of those things and see if you don't find lots of info to read.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:05 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
well, at least you've learned your lesson, and YES you need to research your mods before you waste your money (or your parents money) on 'em

what your truck needs is the gotts intake mod, a set of motorcraft plugs, a muffler, the correct thermostat, a custom tune and a shift kit, then you can see how having correct parts will benefit your vehicle

Old 07-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi BC ...

Using Search - here's why that t'stat is not a good idea:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...-160-stat.html

In some cases, the truck may seldom go into closed loop operation - which will just be a waste of gas ...

Similarly - you'd also discover that the Sphincter WAI ( warm air intake) is not doing you any favours.

And - that Hypercrap programmer is one of the least effective units you can buy - right down there with Jet's products.

Plugs - same dealio - modular motors love Denso Iridiums ( for you IT-16's are the current top dog, or just use the stellar and inexpensive MC OEM plugs).

You are after performance & efficiency (e.g. mileage) gains I'll assume - and every little bit helps - choose wisely and you can do wonders - choose poorly and, well ... the aggregate results will be suboptimal at best. And damaging at worst.

Don't ignore exemplary maintenance regimens either - correct filters, frequent fuel filter changes, front O2's after 50k or so ... ( or at least have them logged for switching performance)....and so on.

Good luck - these boys are just funin' y'all - they really are good folks - and WILL help you. Just don't **** on 'em

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 07-27-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks MGDfan, they just kinda pissed me off a lil bit, i know there not the greatest mods, but i was just letting everybody know what i had, the only reason i came to this site was cuz i just bought the truck off my father and i was just looking for a lil know how and what mods i should use. Ive always had and worked on older fords. i figured they were good mods so thats what i bought. Its seems like they've helped tho. I just recently had a baby, so i dont have alot of money to throw around, but id like to get some mods that i could really tell a difference in power. I love my truck, but doesnt seem like the 4.6 has a whole lot of power. Any suggestion would help, and be honest guys. And im gonna try to get a pic of it up soon.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Thanks MGDfan, they just kinda pissed me off a lil bit, i know there not the greatest mods, but i was just letting everybody know what i had, the only reason i came to this site was cuz i just bought the truck off my father and i was just looking for a lil know how and what mods i should use. Ive always had and worked on older fords. i figured they were good mods so thats what i bought. Its seems like they've helped tho. I just recently had a baby, so i dont have alot of money to throw around, but id like to get some mods that i could really tell a difference in power. I love my truck, but doesnt seem like the 4.6 has a whole lot of power. Any suggestion would help, and be honest guys. And im gonna try to get a pic of it up soon.
The very best mod you can make as far as noticable results is a tuner. Save your money and get a Diablo, Edge, or go for an Xcal3 or Gryphon. You can often find thim used in our classifieds.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Agreed that a tuner like ones in my Sig are the best bang for your buck mod out there.

Quick Reply: performance plugs