Once again I ask for your experiences with a product:

Has anyone seen, own(ed), one of these?

Are they functional or "fashionable"?

Good fit, finish, mounting?

Durability?

TIA... XLT_D.

Old 08-28-2001 | 07:57 PM
Lund Backdraft

Just Fashionable. Looks good though, or it wouldn't be on my truck. This is the only pic I got for now. It's plastic, black and fit's great. It's also paintable. I painted mine the color of the side rails cover so it matches all the way around. Base coat - clearcoat. It really looks sharp. Can also be used with a tonneau cover. Hope this helps.

Old 08-29-2001 | 07:47 AM
Thumbs up

F-150 Ram Air,

Seeing the pic of your truck just caused me to move the spoiler up to the top of my 'Wants' list . . . looks good!

Old 08-30-2001 | 08:21 PM
Swampview,

Thanks dude. It doesn't seem like I did much to the truck. But the receipts say different. The spoiler adds character to the truck.LOL. You'll be happy. Talk to you later dude.

Old 08-31-2001 | 05:55 PM
Thumbs up

F-150 Ram Air: I like that. I've been on this board for around a year and just when I thought I had seen it all....Where can I get one of those puppies?

Also, summer is almost over....Cervini's??
g

Old 08-31-2001 | 06:09 PM
Geeky,

Any custom car shop. Probably even Pep Boys. They should carry Lund products. You'll have to order it. Great appearance mod.IMHO. As far as Cervini's. Dude, I don't know what there doing. I haven't talked to them in two weeks. They just keep putting it off. But know there telling me there only making it for the 5.4L. That sucks. Good for you. Bad for me. Oh well. What are you gonna do. I'll keep you updated though. Talk to you later.

Old 09-03-2001 | 01:17 PM
Went by Pep boys $91 ouch

Had to rethink this one. Man how can they charge so much? Just seems a little high to me.

g

Old 09-03-2001 | 01:34 PM
OUCH!

$91 is high. I only paid $50-55 for mine. There really putting the shaft to you. Did you try a custom shop? Let me know. I wonder how much it would cost to ship one to NM. Damn, I could probably get one and ship it out to you cheaper then that. What a mark up.

Old 09-03-2001 | 02:40 PM
Question Pep boys weren't cheap

I saw it on his little computer. It showed both prices $101 retail & I don't think tax was included. The other shops around here are usually more than P boys. Did you say you were able to get the color mached good? Was the plastic color black black or the dark gray plastic color like on some valences?

Old 09-03-2001 | 03:03 PM
The dark gray. I'm good friends with the owner and the paint guy of the body shop I deal with. He matched the color perfect. He painted and clearcoated the spoiler. Looks great. I still can't get over that price. That's a freaking shame. Tomorrow, I'm talking to my custom parts guy. See what the price is. I've had that spoiler for a year now. I can't see it doubled the price. I'll post, an let you know. If you want it, I'll see what I can do with my dude, an we'll make arrangements.

Old 09-03-2001 | 05:03 PM
|
To all:

Thanks for the responses so far.

I originally posed this question to the forum in response to coming across this product at "Stylin' Concepts". (See link below)

They list the price at $59.95. (I never searched for a lower price, ...yet)

I'm sorry it seems more cosmetic than functional as I most likely can't see it before I buy it.

One more question to those who have seen it...

Do you think it would be possible to install an LED "3rd brake light" in it?

Was it hollow enough to allow one of these strips to fit into it.

They're about 3/4" x 3/4" x various lengths.

Link:
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts....bcategoryid/62

TIA- XLT_D

Old 09-03-2001 | 06:38 PM
See attachment!!!!!

I'm sorry it seems more cosmetic than functional as I most likely can't see it before I buy it.
One more question to those who have seen it...

Did you look at the attachment I have with my post-reply to you? And yes you can fit an LED into it if you like. I don't see why, when you already have one on the back of your cab. But, if that's what you want to do, that's cool.

Old 09-05-2001 | 09:41 AM
Thumbs up Ordered mine

I ordered my backdraft from music city. $54 + So when I get it it will be shiny black? I would like to make mach the bed rails in color and texture. Have to do some thinkin. Ouch

g

PS I need a more up to date picture.

Old 09-05-2001 | 08:11 PM
Geeky,

Don't worry about the texture. It's not gonna happen. Take it to a body shop you trust. Leave your truck, an have them match up the color. It's really not that hard. With it the same color. It flows with the texture of the bedrails. You'll be fine. You'll be happy how it looks. Let me knoe hoe things go aftre you get it. Keep me posted. Good-luck. Talk to you later.

Old 10-04-2001 | 04:49 AM
F-150 Ram Air:

Well I never did get the backdraft installed. Couldn't figure out how. I have a factory cover and there is a flat ridge on the backdraft that interferes with the cover rail. The backdraft I got isn't a "U" shape when looking from the side but shaped more like half a c clamp with a dogleg pointing twords the cab Seems like a pain in the a$$ which I don't really need right now.. Any ideas?

Thanks dude

Quick Reply: Lund "BackDraft" tailgate spoiler