Discount Tire Co.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2001 | 08:53 PM
|
Thumbs down Discount Tire Co.

Hi all,

I would think twice about taking my truck to the Discount Tire Co. in Plano (far north Dallas) on 75 and Plano pkwy.

Even though $1800+ was spent at Discount Tire, they refused to fix/replace an $80 part (purchased/installed by them) that was damaged when the aftermarket wheels were removed.

Talks with the mamager produced no results. Filed complaint with the BBB.

DTC, you lost my business for an $80 part! Your choice! No Discount Tire for me!

Stephlan

Old 09-30-2001 | 01:50 AM
Question

What part was it?

Old 09-30-2001 | 08:24 AM
That's what I was wondering. Must be something pretty important to justify posting in a dozen areas.

Old 09-30-2001 | 10:56 PM
hey, i'm with logical here. how many places do i have to see this post. give me a break. stop whining. Rich

Old 09-30-2001 | 11:01 PM
|
Hikerrich, Logical, Pa_wolf62,

Sorry y'all. I'll try to refrain myself next time.. Just trying to warn fellow members is all.

Have a nice day.

Old 10-01-2001 | 04:23 PM
uhhhhhh

I am with logical and hikerrich here. I think this is called trolling ....anyway, sorry about your experience with discount tire co.WE don't have any of them around here so I have it pretty easy when trying to steer clear of them.

Old 10-01-2001 | 05:03 PM
This thread bugs me more every time I see it (one of them I should say, they're everywhere)....

If you truely wanted to just be helpful and warn us you would give us the whole story...otherwise all we have is you saying that they treated you badly. For all we know, you could be a total whack-job. I suspect you aren't, but based one one of the responses (it wasn't this one, maybe one of the dozen other threads), at least one guy on here has a totally different definition of bad treatment. He special ordered tires with a deposit, changed his mind, and was pissed they wanted a restock fee which no doubt he had signed up to. Other than not having the tires he talked to them about on the phone, they did nothing wrong....that could be an honest mistake. Is it their fault he agreed to some expensive special order tires. No, it is their job to try to sell....and ours to make decisions and live with them.

Old 10-02-2001 | 11:36 AM
Can't we all just get along? Geez, if you don't like what someone has to say, just ignore it! My ****in' two cents!

Old 10-02-2001 | 08:38 PM
Thumbs down

We got Discount Tire around here. One time about 2 years ago I sent my wife to get new tires on her truck and had her ask to save the best 2. When she got back there were 2 similar BUT different and older tires in the back. When I got off work I went back and they had already sold one of my tires. I grabber my tire and he mounted it on a new white spoke for $10 mounted and balanced. Then I wached the kid mount the tire and he didn't balance it! I caught him in the parking lot and tried to tell me that it was balanced. LIAR. I asked him where the weights were and he said "oh, I forgot"

I had them rotate my tires a couple of months ago and after the kid backed out he said nice truck. I said "yeah, not nice enough to put the center caps back on all the way as I walked around the truck popping them on all the way.

As I'v been saying, seems like it's easier to get burned more these days. Hard to find people that give a $h1t.

I promise this is only tme I'll post this one.

Old 10-02-2001 | 10:17 PM
You get what you pay for. Discount will do free rotations for ANYONE, just because. They'll usually fix you flat for free as well (if you want a plug) You get cheap tires and wheels (if you work them) that's why I go there.

Yes, I just had mine rotated and a young punk kid left mine sitting me not knowing whether he was done or not. Another kid ran up and helped out. He double checked and found that the LLS switch was left turned off so he turning it back on. He also had to get the jacks out of the way and make sure everything was secure and guide me out. The first kid stood there like he was waiting for me to get on my knees. That was an unusual experiance but at least one person took an interest. I got what I paid for. Oh ya, it was free!

Yes, I'll but from them if they'll sell me what I want for what I want to pay; they've done it before, they'll do it again...

By the way, I bought a set of wheels and tires from the one at Trinity Mills and Midway about 5 years ago for my then brand new Jeep GC. They had a stall reserved for me first thing in the morning so I didn't have to fight the mob and spent an hours or so testing different size tires on the wheels until we found the ones that worked the best. Top notch service and I paid $1000.75 for AR-136 wheels with Michelin LTX-AT's mounted and rolling out the door.

There, a good experiance!!

Old 10-02-2001 | 10:36 PM
Oh yeh I forgot, the rotation was a freebie. And I'm sure I'll go back when I need tires but you just gotta keep an eye on them kids.

Not as bad as when the Midas manger told me he would throw my rear Hellwig in the trash. He tried to tell me it's to keep the frame from moving horizontally and not body roll.

Quick Reply: Discount Tire Co.