Warranty Gold - Anbody have experience with them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2001 | 02:15 PM
|
Warranty Gold - Anbody have experience with them?

It's getting time to pull the trigger on the extended warranty. I've gotten warranty quotes, from several sources on Ford-Diesel.com, however the plan I like the best is one by Warranty Gold. Does any one have any experience with them, good or bad? How are their administrators to deal with?

Thanks

Matt

Old 10-02-2001 | 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Avoid them. Look very closely at what even their top-of-the-line warranty does *not* pay for, and you'll quickly see why they're cheaper than a Ford ESP.

We tried them, and it took us the better part of 6 weeks just to get them to send us the forms that they require a certified garage/mechanic to fill out after having your vehicle inspected. During that time, I took the time to go over the typical failures in the vehicle we were going to have them cover, a Lincoln Mark 8, and quickly found that it didn't cover anything in the air ride suspension that really costrs money, along with a number of other very expensive exclusions.

They go to great lengths to sell you on "the fact" that they even cover wear & tear on an engine, but that means absolutely *nothing*, as engines don't have much in the way of "wear & tear" as long as they're maintained, you don't have rings fail in normal use the vast majority of the time, etc.

All in all, after we took a good close look at their marketing hype versus what they would actually pay for, we found them to be next to worthless. The only time they would be worthwhile is if you just happend to have a rare catastrophic engine or transmission failure, and outright engine failures happen rarely, though transmissions sometimes do go out.

The *ONLY* extended warranty we would consider would be Ford's own ESP.

Good luck!

Old 10-02-2001 | 03:52 PM
|
Superchips_Distributor

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to reread the whole contract.

Matt

Quick Reply: Warranty Gold - Anbody have experience with them?