AF1 Whine

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2002 | 03:42 PM
|
AF1 Whine

Recently my Air Force one has developed a whine. It's pretty loud and sounds like distant tornado warning. It seams more prominent at start up. I had read about some of the other FIPK's "whining" but has anyone else experienced this with the AF1?
My filter is in need of cleaning but it's not outrageous or anything could this cause the whine or could it be further down the line MAF, TB,?
Thanks in advance!!

Old 04-29-2002 | 05:56 PM
Exclamation

I have the same problem with my air force 1,mine seems to only do it when the temp out side is hot and i am idling in gear, if i just raise the rpms a little its goes away, but when the rpms come back down its back, someone pleeeeeaaaassssseeeee help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2002 | 06:06 PM
try this.........

put the factory little black box back on the hose that goes from the throttle body to the top hose on the AF1. If that doesn't work try restricting that hose with a smaller hose, let me know if you need more info.

Old 04-30-2002 | 12:06 PM
|
Lightbulb problem solved

I seem to have solved my whine. While I had the filter off for cleaning I dug out the stock filter parts and installed the short rubber hose back into the fenderwell hole and then into the inner cone of the AF1 filter, it fit very snug which keeps the filter from rattling and keeps it from rubbing on the electrical connections below .
Anyway whine is gone it may have been the cleaning but I'm surprised it wasn't recommended to use this original duct work in the AF1 instructions. (at least on the 97's)

Quick Reply: AF1 Whine