Ford DVD Players in Headrests

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by key_313
I bought my Ford DVD headrest from the ford accessories website. They were a little more but I much rather purchase an original ford product.

You can find them here --> http://accessories.ford.com/screen-asy-10163.html
Ouch.....that's a hefty price

Aftermarket on them fits my budget better....

Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I know this post is a little old, but I needed to ask. Does anyone have a set called Roadview? When I ordered my truck, I wanted a set of the DVD headrests. I saw a set of the invisions on display in the showroom and decided to have a set installed. When I took delivery of the truck I saw the headrests on the seats, but they had zippered covers, and I didn't think twice about it. I thought "wow, nice". But I never looked any further, and the sales rep didn't show me how they worked. As it turns out, they are not the Invision, but a brand called Roadview. They look nice, but I absolutely HATE THEM!! The menu system is hard to figure out, and if I don't use them often, which I don't, I have to take 20 minutes to relearn it. They are only used when I have my great nephews with me (they are 2, 4 and 5 Y.O.). AND, the volume on the headphones are really bad. All the way up and it's still like a wisper. They can be played thru the radio using FM on a low frequency, like 88.1 and 88.3. But sometimes the sound gets interferance or scratchy. And if I do that then I can't use the stereo. These things su*k. Do you think a better pair of headphones would work? Say a set of Sonys'? I really hate put out 1,500-2,000 for another set, plus install. Wireing may not match, etc.. I have a picture of them in one of my albums. What do you guys think?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scarlet
I know this post is a little old, but I needed to ask. Does anyone have a set called Roadview? When I ordered my truck, I wanted a set of the DVD headrests. I saw a set of the invisions on display in the showroom and decided to have a set installed. When I took delivery of the truck I saw the headrests on the seats, but they had zippered covers, and I didn't think twice about it. I thought "wow, nice". But I never looked any further, and the sales rep didn't show me how they worked. As it turns out, they are not the Invision, but a brand called Roadview. They look nice, but I absolutely HATE THEM!! The menu system is hard to figure out, and if I don't use them often, which I don't, I have to take 20 minutes to relearn it. They are only used when I have my great nephews with me (they are 2, 4 and 5 Y.O.). AND, the volume on the headphones are really bad. All the way up and it's still like a wisper. They can be played thru the radio using FM on a low frequency, like 88.1 and 88.3. But sometimes the sound gets interferance or scratchy. And if I do that then I can't use the stereo. These things su*k. Do you think a better pair of headphones would work? Say a set of Sonys'? I really hate put out 1,500-2,000 for another set, plus install. Wireing may not match, etc.. I have a picture of them in one of my albums. What do you guys think?
I didn't check your album for interior color, but I'm considering selling mine out of my 2010 Lariat. I've been very happy with the performance but my kids have out grown them. The are Rosen 7500's. They can view seperate movins, the same movie or play a video game. Pic below:

-Jeff

Old 04-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Thanks for the offer, but i have the adobe interior...

Old 04-27-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm interested in your Rosen's. You can email me at hoopn44@aol.com

Old 04-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Here's my install Alpine has some of the best playing mobile video I've seen

https://www.f150online.com/forums/mu...on-w-pics.html

Old 04-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Scarlet
I know this post is a little old, but I needed to ask. Does anyone have a set called Roadview? When I ordered my truck, I wanted a set of the DVD headrests.k I saw the headrests on the seats, but they had zippered covers.......
Scarlet. I hate to see this happen I sadly I see it all the time. I hope that they did not charge you the Ford OEM pricing for that system. The Road trip is a universal system put out by Vizualogic that cost a retailer maybe $500 and comes with three zippered covers (black, tan & gray). I do not sale/install this model of headrests but at the most I would charge a dealer ony $700 to $800 installed in which I would hope the dealer would only resale for a couple hundred over that. It makes me mad being a Ford Accessory installer if they tried to cheat you, charge you and pass these as good as the Invision OEM headrest system. I install a lot of the Invisions systems for Ford dealerships and they work great although I think they are way overpriced for what they are. They typically cost the dealer about $1250 to $1500 before installation where I charge then a flat $1250 installed for Vizualogic's more advanced Perfect Match headrest system or Advent's touchscreen headrest systems. Both of which are huge steps above the lesser road trip package. I feel if they didn't disclose to you that you weren't in fact getting the Ford/Invision headrest kit but charged you the price of it they frauded you. I'm kind of venting here because I hate seeing this kind of thing happen to customers.

Last edited by KCAutosound; 04-14-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:20 PM
We are another victim of the ole slipper-roo. We just bought a 2013 Expedition and was told by both the sales guy and his manager that Ford no longer does factory installs of DVD players, but we could certainly get one installed after we purchased the vehicle. So we did just that. We had the price of the players, $1500, figured into the price of the vehicle. This past Friday, I took the Expedition into the dealership to get the DVD players installed. In the meantime, they loaned me another brand new 2013 Expedition with the Invision players ALREADY installed. I thought, hmmmm, that's strange since they don't come factory installed.... yeah right. And I also wrongly assumed that's what we would be getting... Anyway, when I picked up our vehicle, I did notice they weren't the same dvd players that I had just seen in the other expedition, but I didn't give it much thought. On our way home, my son was in the back complaining how he couldn't see the screen, among other things that were already going wrong with the system. I immediately called our sales guy and told him that we were already having problems with the system and how the quality of it all certainly wasn't the $1500 that we supposedly spent. He said he would have to do some checking to see what exactly was put in, but probably wouldn't know anything until Monday (which is tomorrow). After further investing and doing some research on my own, I am just livid! They installed the Audiovox headrest system that sells for around $170. I am certainly not going to let this go quietly! Do you have any suggestions on what actions I can take to ensure that something can be done about this? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Ford DVD Players in Headrests