Ford DVD Players in Headrests

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford DVD Players in Headrests

When I bought by truck a few months ago I had them include the new headrest mounted DVD players. These DVD players came directly from Ford and therefore include the full 3 year warranty.
The players work via wireless headphones, the DVDs load into the top of the player/headrest, they can each play separate movies, or they can watch the same movie or you can tune television or you can chooose AUX input.

I have had a few people ask for pictures of them, so here they are...

Here is a comparison shot to give you an idea of the size of the screen:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Wow!

That is exactly what I wanted in my 07 Exp but the dealers insisted that there was no such product from Ford. I ended up with the crappy overhead system that I hate.

How much was the option, and do you have a part number?

Old 01-26-2008, 06:56 PM
RLV
Bones enterprise has these part # A6MLT18611A08AAVW . They coast about 1000.00 a set. The color for this number is lt. Parchment, and this is a Ford part number.

Last edited by RLV; 01-26-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Looks good, here are mine. They came installed, although i think they are dealer installed and not from the factory.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Randylahey those headrests are from Myron & Davis

Old 01-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by KCAutosound
Randylahey those headrests are from Myron & Davis
Yeah i know they are, but they were already installed when i bought the truck brand new, so i imagine the dealer installed them.

Also how are they good or bad compared to other brands?

Old 01-27-2008, 04:20 AM
I've probably sold/installed 50 sets of the Myron & Davis systems in different vehicles. Never had to warranty one yet however my competitor swears that he's had issues with them. I think it really comes down to making sure you have a really good ground and don't skimp on the power feed to them. Headphones have had to be warrantied a couple times but I think the kids abuse them. Just put a set in a Toyota Camery Hybrid

Other replacement headrests I like to sell are the Vizualogic perfect match headrests. Their headrests match the OEM headrests in the vehicles which the F150 has it's own look. For example look at these ones that I put in the Volvos all the time.

Rosen has some nice ones as well with the DVDs built in that are vehicle specific.

I install the Ford ones for Ford more and more. Dealers are just starting to become aware of them. I bill them 2.5 hours to install them and they typically take me about an hour or less but then comes all the BS with showing them how they work, locating the car. Basically they eat up an 30 minutes or more of my time so I gotta figure that. The Ford ones are made by a company Invision which was a sister company of Auto Cinema back in the day but they dropped the Auto Cinema line and put the main focus on the Invision product. Auto Cinema was the manufacturer of the older Visteon/Ford overheads that had the VCR systems to them. Just a little history lesson for anyone that wonders where the companies come from.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by KCAutosound
Other replacement headrests I like to sell are the Vizualogic perfect match headrests. Their headrests match the OEM headrests in the vehicles which the F150 has it's own look.
do you know where i can get a decent price on a set for my 08 f150? i have seen them on ebay for $1200. so they hook up to the headunit or are they headphones only? thanks

Old 02-12-2008, 05:13 PM
DVD Headrests

I have the same factory Ford DVD system in the back of the headrests. I am trying to change the factory radio cause its horrible. Crutchfield says I can't do it, if I do the Factory DVD's will not work! The audio doesnt even run thru the speakers of the radio? i dont understand where the tie is to the factory radio, the only thing I can see might be power. Any ideas? I have the same system as the one posted at the start of this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:57 PM
DVD Headrest

Originally Posted by miseroth
When I bought by truck a few months ago I had them include the new headrest mounted DVD players. These DVD players came directly from Ford and therefore include the full 3 year warranty.
The players work via wireless headphones, the DVDs load into the top of the player/headrest, they can each play separate movies, or they can watch the same movie or you can tune television or you can chooose AUX input.

I have had a few people ask for pictures of them, so here they are...

Here is a comparison shot to give you an idea of the size of the screen:

Let me know if you have any questions.
My wife has this same setup in her Lexus RX350. The brand/make of the DVD Headrest are Invision. Her set included covers for the headrest while not in use. Did your set include the covers??? Thanks...

Kool150

Old 02-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by kmnavin
I have the same factory Ford DVD system in the back of the headrests. I am trying to change the factory radio cause its horrible. Crutchfield says I can't do it, if I do the Factory DVD's will not work! The audio doesnt even run thru the speakers of the radio? i dont understand where the tie is to the factory radio, the only thing I can see might be power. Any ideas? I have the same system as the one posted at the start of this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
These systems do not tie into the C-Bus system for the radio so you will have no problems changing out your radio. I got two sets of these to put in today for a Edge and a MKZ.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Thank You

Thanks for the response. I will purchase my Alpine this weekend then. Thanks again.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by kevin110
This is because the two channels of your headrest dvd player, and CD are the stereo, VCD is also a two-channel, DVD, 5.1 channel sound processing, as well as the inside of your sound settings before and after the settings are correct, if you set in front of the back, of course not ring, you left the right side of course, does not ring, it's all software controlled.
WHAT? I got lost in what you were saying.

kmnavin. There is nothing interfering with you swapping your radio out. You haven't posted what year your truck is but those headrests are controlled from the switcher unit that is mounted under the seat or in the console area. Each place installs them differently. It doesn't hurt to pull the radio to double check it though. I have installed many of the Ford headrest systems.

Now I have NOT worked on a 2009/2010 truck that has come from the factory with headrests in it. Not sure if there is anything different about those. Still does not hurt to pull the radio and test it.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:13 AM
yeah i dont understand what he was saying either? Even the factory installed overheads can be retained with an aftermarket deck, whether you use the harness or integrate it yourself.

But since the headrests are aftermarket, it should be very easy.

I miss the myron and davis...

Old 12-02-2011, 05:12 PM
I bought my Ford DVD headrest from the ford accessories website. They were a little more but I much rather purchase an original ford product.

You can find them here --> http://accessories.ford.com/screen-asy-10163.html

Quick Reply: Ford DVD Players in Headrests