Painted Calipers...underbody next

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painted Calipers...underbody next

I just painted my brake calipers today. I strongly reccommend this, as it looks fantastic. (Sorry about no pics...camera acting up now). Kit comes from Autozone (and a myriad of other places) and was around 15 bucks. Comes with everything you need, except for a wire brush which you have to provide. A friend of mine did it a year ago, and it still looks great (and he drives the hell outta his car, so I'm sure for any decent driver it should do at least as well. Maintained color (except for the brake dust he has), and has no chips, cracks, etc.

Underbody coating is next.. Anybody do this yet? Any thoughts on this?

I'll get the caliper pics up ASAP. (granted, I didn't take my time, so don't let any runs or badly painted parts turn you from the product)

Old 09-03-2006, 11:52 PM
All the little ricers in my area are doing that. Sound like lawn mowers with painted calipers, think I'll pass.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Cool,

I painted mine bright red, when I replaced all pads with new Hawk pads. Looks alot cleaner and it's cool to see a little red between my wheel spokes.

I used Duplicolor Caliper spray paint, easy to use and IMO looks much better than the plain stock look.

Glad you like yours too....

Old 09-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah. Mine was duplicolor, too, but I didn't want to take off the calipers, and am too lazy to mask everythng off... Besides, I have stock chrome rims, so they're not that visible... The rusty color just wasn't doing it for me. But now, the clean shiny black looks really clean and sharp. Lotsa' compliments from neighbors...

Do you have pics of the red? If/whenI get new rims, I'm thinking about replacing my calipers, rotors, etc. when it's time to... prob'ly performance, and if so, I'll prob'ly go for red calipers, cross drilled & slotted rotors, etc... depending on how cost effective they are and the price.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:48 PM
I'll try and take some photos soon.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to do this myself, do you have to sand the calipers, and then apply an adhesion promoter or just spray the caliper alone? Someone want to go into a little detail for a successful painting.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Waiting to install my 35's but I think it's a great idea..thinking about going red for contrast.

Quick Reply: Painted Calipers...underbody next