Dupli-color paint

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dupli-color paint

Has anyone used this new premixed laquer based paint Dupli-color has out? I saw it on 2 Guys Garage the other day. I bought a quart and will be repainting a door and front fender. I also got the premixed clear coat to go with it. Hope this stuff is as easy as it looks.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 AM
We're waiting on pic's of the results. Good Luck

Old 08-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Stumps.
I saw one where they were using spary cans of duplicolor. I have a slavage hood for my green camry which did not match. So I went out to the local auto parts place and got me about 4 cans. I used a red scuff pad to scuff up the hood and then painted the hood. Now the stuffs not cheap but the hood looks close to what the rest of the car looks like. I've not noticed any fading or things like that infact it rained about 3 days after I painted it. Been on now for over 3 months and looks good. No show room finish but matches pretty darn close for my daily driver

Last edited by satexasf150; 08-30-2007 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Well got it painted over the weekend. Turned out pretty good but it was a lot of work. The actual painting had lots of orange peel and I clear coated it right after the color coat. I put on about 4 coats of color and 4 coats of clear. After drying for 6 hours I started color sanding with 800# then to 1500#. That was the hardest part of the whole process.

I felt like the Karate Kid after a day of "Wax on, Wax off" I then used a wool pad with a buffing wheel and some Napa Buff Eez I had left over from another painting adventure. It look great in the garage actually better than the original factory paint. I put a couple coats of Meguires wax/polish on it and was very happy. I pulled the truck outside to wash all the polish off that slopped on winshield and other parts and noticed it was a bit cloudy in the sun. Granted this is a black paint so it is difficult to do. I will probably hit it again this weekend with some 10,000 grit polishing copound this weekend when my arms are usable again.

Quick Reply: Dupli-color paint