Grille - Headlight allignment

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grille - Headlight allignment

The previous owner of my 150 hit a deer causing a misallignment of the front end (grille and headlight). There is quit a gap between the two in some spots and I was wondering if anybody has had some experience with straightening them up. Its not such a big deal that I will have to bring it in to an autobody shop I was just wondeirng if anybody would know. Thanks for your help.

Here are some pics:

Old 02-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
The previous owner of my 150 hit a deer causing a misallignment of the front end (grille and headlight). There is quit a gap between the two in some spots and I was wondering if anybody has had some experience with straightening them up. Its not such a big deal that I will have to bring it in to an autobody shop I was just wondeirng if anybody would know. Thanks for your help.

Here are some pics:

Not sure this belongs in the Care and Detailing section.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Well the grille looks in proper position. Try removing the headlights and check for internal/external damage. A replacement set I think are like $30-$50 from Ford

Old 02-17-2008, 12:05 AM
whoops. disregard post.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Well the grille looks in proper position. Try removing the headlights and check for internal/external damage. A replacement set I think are like $30-$50 from Ford
ha. they are $100 each at my dealer

Old 02-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Have you pulled the lights out all the way and tried to reinstall them, making sure everything was fitting properly? I change my bulbs a few months back and it was the first time I ever had removed the lense and it was a tad bit difficult to put back into place exactly right. If you don't get all of the adjusters into their exact place then it's going to end up looking crooked like that. That's what it looks like to me, like theres an adjuster that's not sitting properly in it's hole on the frame. Whoever put them in probably just got frustrated and gave up once they were basically in there.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:15 AM
There may be a minor adjustment that can be made to the driver-side headlight.

Quick Reply: Grille - Headlight allignment