Need help with CAP for f150..please help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LegIron
I looked for a long time and decided on a Century truck cap and it looks great. Century is made by Leer if you didn't know. You can go to there website and see all of the models that are available for the 5.5 and locate a local dealer too. They were much more affordable that A.R.E. I'd give'em a look.

thats what ended up doing. Bought the century Royal. I believe it will look the best on the truck. The Royal has the SUV look to it with no window frames, etc... It was also $390 cheaper than the ARE with all the options. Got it carpeted, sliding fold down front window, single entry hardware with slam lock. Got it all for under $1500.

thanks for all the replies. And good or bad with my choice please feel free to let me know. I don't know much about these.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:33 PM
century royal. its the only one that has a lip on the sidrs that makes it look flush.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Hunter991
thats what ended up doing. Bought the century Royal. I believe it will look the best on the truck. The Royal has the SUV look to it with no window frames, etc... It was also $390 cheaper than the ARE with all the options. Got it carpeted, sliding fold down front window, single entry hardware with slam lock. Got it all for under $1500.

thanks for all the replies. And good or bad with my choice please feel free to let me know. I don't know much about these.
Great choice I have the same one on my truck and love it.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:11 PM
How does your top center brake light work???

I just bought the 8' Century Royal and had it installed yesterday. When wiring it up, the guy gave me an explanation that the rear brake light and the turn signal are the same element and there is a control unit in the turn signal mechanisim (at the steering wheel) that decides if the brake light blinks or stays light solid. So, the problem is there is no separate circuit wire run for the top center (topper brake light). End result: When you brake all lights iluminate (left, topper center and right) no problem. However, when you left turn, the left rear blinks along with the topper brake light! Right turn is no issue as it is not wired to the topper center light. Guy told me that this is not an issue with the Chevy trucks because they run a seperate bulb for stop and a separate bulb for turn signal. They told me that they wire these this way all the time (when left turn signal is on both left rear brake light and topper center light blink together) or, if I insisted they could run an additional wire from the colum switch (or brake pedal location) under the chassis - through the bed - up through the topper and to the center light. They took too much time to install the topper as it was and I elected to just leave it jury rigged. They said I could come back for the additional wire if I elected to. This was an old dude who told me that Ford has always had a one wire system that does both brake and turn since 1965 and the others (Chevy, Dodge, etc.) use a two wire system (one for a brake light and a seperate wire for a turning flasher).

Please check out how your light behave and post to the group.

Scott

Quick Reply: Need help with CAP for f150..please help!