going to buy a new truck.or suv...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going to buy a new truck.or suv...

I'm going to replace my 04 F-150 in the next couple of months and I doubt a Ford product will be bought.

A Explorer is in the running but the price is quite high, but not as high as a honda ridge line. I can't afford a F 250 or Titan.

GM is out of the question and right now I'm partial to the dodge ram SLT reg cab 4x4 with a 4.7 and 6 sp manual, 8ft box.

I like the Explorer, a utility trailer will take care of my work duties, But I can allways pick up a cheap beater with four doors, if I have to transport people.

I can afford the payments on my F-150, But it takes to much off my money in insurance and payments, yes I can't change my life style in midstream and a new truck is going to leave even less in my pocket, But when your un happy, with your truck, the truck's got to go.

I'm not trashing or bashing the F-150, But I don't suit my truck and the Ford name would be better served on a used car lot until some who enjoy's Ford trucks, picks up this truck.

I don't want no hemi, Just a good dependable full size work truck, please offer any comments on the 4.7 engine and I aint no Ford hater, I gave my dealer one last chance....

Last edited by cyclone vampire; 01-23-2006 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:06 AM
well,ford is buying back my o5 crew cab because all the problems i ve had with it,the dealership has help some but dont want to work the # on a used old body style truck so i m done with them.i am looking on getting a tundra dbl cab truck as soon as i turn in this f 150..I love ford trucks and always had ford trucks but this truck and ford has left a bad taste in my mouth.so time to jump ship and try a differant brand truck.the titan is nice but too much $$ i dont care for dodge or chevy so toyota here i come..

Old 01-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by shoeynne
well,ford is buying back my o5 crew cab because all the problems i ve had with it,the dealership has help some but dont want to work the # on a used old body style truck so i m done with them.i am looking on getting a tundra dbl cab truck as soon as i turn in this f 150..I love ford trucks and always had ford trucks but this truck and ford has left a bad taste in my mouth.so time to jump ship and try a differant brand truck.the titan is nice but too much $$ i dont care for dodge or chevy so toyota here i come..
have fun in the Mini Tundra for ladies!

Old 01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Don t worry i plan to have a good time in that truck.Why would you say it for ladies?You got something against them?

Old 01-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by shoeynne
Don t worry i plan to have a good time in that truck.Why would you say it for ladies?You got something against them?
yeah I do. I hate toyota's Especially Tundra's. The tundra isn't really even a half ton truck anyway, that so called truck reminds me of just a Ranger. There not really used to do heavy work like the F150 can do. The inside of the cab's are tiny and ugly. It's not a mans truck if you ask me. Just like the Honda ridgeline, thats not a mans so called truck either.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Everyone s has a right to there own opinion.For what i need in a truck and for what i need it to do the tundra works for me.I understand what you mean though.I love the f 150 but it will never get a workout for my needs and they have alot of issues aleast mine is.Although i did look at the 06 f 150 when ford was going to do a replacment but did nt find anything that i like on the lot.and for what i been deaking with ford i going to try something differant.thanks for worring....

Old 01-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Suspended
F-150, my truck has great power, awsome ride and handeling is good on gas, can go any where in 4x4....My drivers seat is toasted, fabric and seat foam are falling apart, lack of leg room (reg cab) most uncomfortible pick up I have ever owned and every thing else from ride, performance, handeling is excellant, even the extended cabs ( set track is in the same place ) offers no comfort, Build quality on my truck is so/so but not worth the money....

I have been a long term Ford owner who's never had an issue with comfort until this 04, Ford really picked up this truck and set it high above the rest but the best truck in the market place means nothing when I can't fit in it....end of story..

Old 01-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Have my F-150 Screw 5.4 Lariat Gen. III and have no intention of getting rid of it, it only has 39,000 miles. But my 2001 Ford Explorer (32,800 Miles), Eddie Bower Edition, is another matter. It is one of the great cars around and gets an average of 17 mph in town with its six cylinder. Why would I consider getting rid of such a great SUV?

Ford sent me a coupon for a $50. VISA card to be used on anything if I would go for a test ride in a new 2006 Explorer. I did - and my recommendation to you is try an 2006 V-8 Explorer Eddie Bower and it will blow you away. The new engine will give you 292 Mustang horses and a six speed auto you can shift in the main gears. It is so technologically changed that it makes my 2001 look bad and it is beautiful.

I am going to buy one but not until mid year. Ford, just like Chevy and Dodge are all having major problems - you will be able to get huge discounts from about July to the close out this year that will allow you to afford one of these. And check out the Dark Cherry Clearcoat color on the Eddie Bower - WOW is all I can say! Go for dealer invoice and half of the dealer holdback.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Merton Leeper; 01-27-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:02 PM
For the past 25 years, I have always owned GM vehicles except for my MG Midget and my wife's Grand Cherokee Overland. I have now jumped the GM ship to Ford. I recently purchased an '02 F-150 Scab Lariat FX4 and fell in love with the Ford trucks. I am sure my next vehicle will again be a Ford truck. I see several folks here having problems with the newer F-150's. I hope these are isolated problems and not something inherent in the new trucks.

Quick Reply: going to buy a new truck.or suv...