got my new Ram...worth the wiat

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got my new Ram...worth the wiat

Okay, F-150 website, I'm finished with the 04 F-150 Tradded it in Friday on my factery orderd 2500 SLT ram. I stuck with the 5.7 and manual transmisson, 373 ltd slip truck is a reg cab 4x4 long box and holly cow, it's a frieght train on wheels..

I really don't beleave it's faster than than the 04 F-150 , Thier's no MDS on the 2500 and thier is a lot of power to channel threw six gears... I love driving this truck due to the Much large rreg cab and it's a thrill to be back dring a manual, ride is awsome, no hessitation, just point shift and go..

Now I hate the white back ground for the gauges, and Thier are no side box or tail gate protectors like the plastic ones Ford has, no biggee... and gas mileage is a wait and see, I do expect to pay more for flue but it can't be that much worse than the Ford..

I never took the F-150 in for the reflash, possibly this could have solved the throttle hessitation the Ford had, any way I hope the Dodge ( Hemi's are built in Mexico...sigh ) stay's true, And with the manual trans, I avioded automatic trans problems, My sales gremlin swore up and down the new new automatics for the Ram have been redesigned, but not for me...

Solid axle up front and the ride hieght front to back is even, the Ford was lower in the front and what little 4x4 I did, This really messed up appraoch and departure angels, Bumpers on the F-150 are solid, the rams bumpers are verry wimpy which surprised me, but on the rear bumper, the trailer conecters are built in and don't hang on the bumper like Fords..

Best of luck with you F-150 owners, I'm never ment to PO of any one here, I just grew tired of my issues with Ford and moved on..

Old 05-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Check in from time-to-time and give us an "Owner's Report" on your Mopar....

Old 05-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to each his own I owned an 05 dodge with a HEMI and loved it they do hog the gas. Good luck come back and check in from time to time

Old 05-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Sweet deal on gettin a handshaker. You couldn't get a deal on an F250?

Adrianspeeder

Old 05-30-2006, 06:44 PM
The Dodge trucks do look nice, but just not my cup of tea.

I really can care less what truck you bought, just as long as it wasn't any Toyata or Honda thingy.

Best of luck to you with the Dodge and keep us posted on how it's working out for ya!

Old 05-30-2006, 07:03 PM
I just hauled our Dodge down to Des Moines on a trailer, pulled with our new 250 turbo diesel. The Dodge could barely pull it's own weight, the 250 accelerates easily, uphill with a T190 and bucket on an 18' deck over on the back.

Old 05-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Sweet deal on gettin a handshaker. You couldn't get a deal on an F250?

Adrianspeeder
Ford credit turned me down on a XLT reg cab F-250 reg cab 4x4 with the 6.0 and I got P off and went to dodge, I don't have the 5.9 cummons I doubt I will ever tow a fith wheel and D engines cost re a hell of a lot up front.

I'm not a 5.43V Fan and I like the styling of the F-250 over the Ram, But in my opinion the Hemi in the 2500 Runs over the 5.4 in the F-250..

I reasoned theirs no such thing as resale value if you have to pay more up front to convince your self your truck is worth more, but buy what you need and throw in some wants...

I do miss the rack and pinion steering of the Ford, The recirculating ball steering in the dodge 2500 4x4 s excellent, but no more race car driver, were Ford fell flat.... I said it all before, no need to repeat...

The ford inherited a lot of battle scares due to my stupidity and negative energy, the F-150 was costly, the Ram = as costly and it will not stay in a protective bubble for long, work is going to use the truck..

I like the Ram, and I could have lived with 4.7 and 6sp in a 1500 but I grew up with 400 Cubic + engines and the 5.7 is not really that big in comparison to a 5.4 ...

I drive the ram like it's a four sp manual with 1st gear being the stump puller of old I have not used the two other gears, no high way driving yet and The short throws are hard to get used to....( Its no race car )

Any how No Ford thrashing from me, you all have been great, This is my First Non Ford Truck purchase, I For the life of me can not figure out the computer that keeps track of the mileage, and storage galore for a reg cab, much much more than Ford reg cabs, But I have to be Captain positive..

It's still just a truck and Keep on trucking ...

Old 05-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Yeah I have to agree I just can't imagine driving an F-250 with a 5.4. HEMI with a manual tran.....mikey likes congrats........post up some pics.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Quackaddict
Yeah I have to agree I just can't imagine driving an F-250 with a 5.4. HEMI with a manual tran.....mikey likes congrats........post up some pics.
My parents have a 250 with a 5.4. Works just fine.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
My parents have a 250 with a 5.4. Works just fine.
please don't take my comments personal. I am sure it does and I am not slamming the 5.4 like I said "I can't imagine". Just my personal opinion. Kinda like driving a F-150 with 6 cyl. I am sure it works just fine but for me if I am gonna drive a full size truck I want a full size engine. If I am gonna drive a 3/4 ton I think it should have a bigger engine than and 1/2 ton. Not ******* the 5.4 I think it works great for 1/2 ton.............as a matter of fact I have one.

And before anyone says it I know the 5.7 HEMI is both the 1/2 and 3/4 ton but it makes 45 more HP and is modified (No MDS) for the 3/4 ton and the 1/2 ton has a crappy tranny as well.

Now I sure would like the the new HEMI comes out its a 6.something liter will be nice.

Anyway my next truck will be a F-250 but I am just saying I respect his choice and if I had to go with a 3/4 ton and a non diesel engine the HEMI would get my vote. not trying to stir up anything.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Suspended
I really like this truck, the new Ram 2500, But I Have been Ford proved over the years and Find the Ram is is getting tricky in the getting used to department...

If your going to tow with a 3/4 Ton, regardless of who the Brand is, it's worth the extra cash to get a D. engine, But for my needs, the Dodge is aw some, way bigger cab, much more comfortable to drive and the cab back storage system is by far bigger than the reg cab Ford 4.

Theirs no factory under coating on the Ram, The bumpers are tin foil in comparison to the F-150 and I will be the first to admit the F-150 fit and finish is way ahead of Chrysler, But the dodge SLT has more gadjets and less cup holders than a XLT ( I have the six speed in the Ram, you don't have the slide out cup holders )

So far the mileage is on par with the 5.4 I had in the reg cab 4x4 04 F-150 355 Ltd slip, The six speed manual and 5.7 373 ltd slip in the Ram 2500 reg cab 4x4 by far quicker than the Ford 5.4 and much more fun to drive.

I amazed at the the space utilization the Ram has in a reg cab and with a stock ex. system the Ram sounds mean, and thier are no abnormal engine sounds in the 5.7, so far the engine is whisper quiet..

The hemi engine is only 345 cubic in, the 5.4 330, The Ford felt quicker from a standing start and makes more power at a lower RPM, the Hemi has to rev to get the power going, than ya hang on...

Old 06-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Pictures, where are the pictures?

Old 06-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Suspended
when I get a didital C. I will post them....I have Pics of the 04 F-150 that need to be scanned...( no scanner ) even the 2500.00 ouch I did to the right side area of the box behind the cab, cleaned up/repaired the 04 F-150 looks good..

06 Ram 2500 Reg cab SLT 4x4
Patriot blue
5.7 six speed manual
cab marker lights
trailer tow group
Fog lights
SR window
tow hooks skid plates
up gradded Aluium rims 265 70 17 BFG R/T T/A 10 play
( identical to the ones I took of the Ford, 235 70 17 hancooks reinstalled ) Electic shift transfer case, yes, can be had with a manual trans..

Basicly a baby power wagon !!!!

Old 06-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
Basicly a baby power wagon !!!!
No the Power Wagon had locking differentials and a winch from the factory ...........man I wanted one of those.

Old 06-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Suspended
true.. baby power wagon because it dosent have the wnich and locking diff's and not the growin up price, Still the power wagon is impressive, but you can not get one in a 5.9 CD in a power wagon, the cummins adds over 900+ pounds to the front of the truck

I'm not going off road, so I opted out of the power wagon, for my use a base 4by is good..

Quick Reply: got my new Ram...worth the wiat